Forums
May 02, 2024, 02:10 PM

Author Topic: Minimum points to gain/lose  (Read 834 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Minimum points to gain/lose
« on: November 02, 2009, 01:41 PM »
You all are familiar with losing/gaining 1 point. It happens when someone with a very high rank plays with someone with someone so low.

I was thinking of increasing it to 5.
What do you think about the whole thing?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

Re: Minimum points to gain/lose
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:24 PM »
I think there should be a limit of how many games u can play against the same person per day! So you don't get someone doing 10 rr's vs the same person in the space of a day!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 02:30 PM »
The limit is 15 games in 60 days. Why it does matter you spend all in 1 day or in 2 months?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 02:31 PM »
As for answering your other post. I think 1 point is fine.. Flori knows he has an amazing rating in this in rr. If he wants to gain points he can pick different schemes... something he didnt choice as he probably knows that dania prehaps able to beat him in defaults.

I think there are alot of tus matches where people just play the same opponent over and over. I see it with players like Phantom vs Weeman for example. Increasing a limit of 3 or 5 games vs same player in a day may encourage more matches vs different players and may decrease noob bashing abit more. (Im not calling dania a noob here, im just saying. You play ur three matches vs someone, then thats it against them for the day so if u want to play more tus u find a new match against a new player in ag) I just think i could promote a wider range of games vs different players and activity.

I think maybe with a limit on this which has been common in previous leagues, and a 50 game to reach playoffs we will see a much better playoff selection for next season!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:33 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 02:51 PM »
I have no problem following your point.

But sometimes in AG, There's no other player to play with and that daily limit will decrease TUS activity.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Yea i guess so.. But how often is it hard to find a tus?? The league seems like its at its record time activity right now? Maybe 5 games of a daily limit against same person would be fair?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:59 PM by Chicken23 »

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 03:05 AM »
mm indeed, but they'll still play this person another day so why not just let them play all their games at once.

This limit will only spread things out, which ultimately won't change anything.

Please increase the minimum number of games for PO qualification to 60.

I know theres a thread for that, but as im here ill say it here xD night night
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 04:34 AM »
Well NAiL and ZiPpO was a good example. They reached their limit in a season and agreed to report other games in the next season lol.

I guess if we even set daily limit, They'll play as much as they can, Just report the rest some other time.

@NAiL, The limit is now 50 for singles and 30 for clanners.