45 (15.8%)
Shopper
24 (8.4%)
BnG
21 (7.4%)
WxW
29 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Next scheme for TRL  (Read 14065 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Next scheme for TRL
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 10:46 PM »
Except Elite all other classic schemes are there. It is possible for Roper to get picked again.

Hmm.. I dont really know about this popularity contest. It might be just roper-hysteria over and over again?

There should be some support for a scheme (there's not really a point in a wxw league IMO), but fairly popular schemes should get a chance too, like Shop,T17 and ughrgh BnG..

Nah, BnG would be the end of TuS lol, even I didn't vote for it :)

Offline nino

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 11:17 PM »

Nah, BnG would be the end of TuS lol, even I didn't vote for it :)

+1 for being f@#!ing honest
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 12:38 AM »
Man, it's so hard to resist speaking out to protect your favorite schemes.

I'm tempted to try and disguise a blatently biased opinion for some kind of logical argument against the other schemes.  But it would be foolish of me to try and pretend this post is anything otherwise.  

So with that in mind.

I almost uninstalled worms when I saw T17 was a possible TRL scheme.  All hope is lost for humanity I thought.

Hysteria is a great fun scheme.  There's obviously a demand for a league for it.  Although personally, I think the magic of hysteria is when it's played as a funner; having a laugh with mates etc.  When 'win freaks' get their hands on it then I think it would totally suck and lose it's magic.

Trying really hard to win at a hysteria?  That just doesn't make sense to me.  But there you go.

Default schemes like roper, bng, elite and ttrr.  These are the core 4 league games which should be in question.  

I would say BnG or ttrr.

Ok, biased rant over.

Man, I would love to see a ttrr league.  It's made me all twisted and maniacal.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 12:48 AM »
Man, it's so hard to resist speaking out to protect your favorite schemes.

I'm tempted to try and disguise a blatently biased opinion for some kind of logical argument against the other schemes.  But it would be foolish of me to try and pretend this post is anything otherwise.  

So with that in mind.

I almost uninstalled worms when I saw T17 was a possible TRL scheme.  All hope is lost for humanity I thought.

Hysteria is a great fun scheme.  There's obviously a demand for a league for it.  Although personally, I think the magic of hysteria is when it's played as a funner; having a laugh with mates etc.  When 'win freaks' get their hands on it then I think it would totally suck and lose it's magic.

Trying really hard to win at a hysteria?  That just doesn't make sense to me.  But there you go.

Default schemes like roper, bng, elite and ttrr.  These are the core 4 league games which should be in question.  

I would say BnG or ttrr.

Ok, biased rant over.

Man, I would love to see a ttrr league.  It's made me all twisted and maniacal.

I agree with everything except your rant against T17, personally, I don't like T17 too much (I do like it, Just love others MUCH more).

T17 has been around longer than TTRR, that's all I should need to say.

Actually, to eleborate on this:

I'd either accept TTRR or Hysteria.

But, T17 I agree with because it's one of the "main 3 classic schemes" that have been around and kept the magic, T17 has been around longer than TTRR, which doens't mean anything, but imo it holds greater "classic scheme" value over TTRR to me. Even though I enjoy TTRR more.

I love BnG obviously, but I don't think a BnG League would be either popular or even worth the trouble, because it'd cause too many arguements, amongst other disadvantages.

Anyway, I thought TTRR was getting it's own League? What happened to that vote MI?

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 01:08 AM »
So your main argument for T17 is that's it's been around for longer and has more 'classic' status.

Poor T17 for only having that to back it's corner.

It is cool.  But yeah.  Hopefully a more skill based scheme gets a look in this time around.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 01:11 AM »
So your main argument for T17 is that's it's been around for longer and has more 'classic' status.

Poor T17 for only having that to back it's corner.

It is cool.  But yeah.  Hopefully a more skill based scheme gets a look in this time around.

Lol Cue, T17 is more of a classic scheme than TTRR anyday.

I still love TTRR, it's my 3rd most favourite scheme ever.

I don't even see why we are having this vote, it isn't even a properly rotated league, if it was it'd go through all schemes, without silly votes ending in pointless debates and arguements :)

Offline franz

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 01:17 AM »
Lol Cue, T17 is more of a classic scheme than TTRR anyday.

I still love TTRR, it's my 3rd most favourite scheme ever.

I don't even see why we are having this vote, it isn't even a properly rotated league, if it was it'd go through all schemes, without silly votes ending in pointless debates and arguements :)

perhaps that's what MI wants.
see how all react and discuss to such a vote like this.
otherwise it would just be him deciding what's best.

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 01:29 AM »
It's impossible to discuss this poll objectively.  This is all a fun free for all of opinions and if we all acknowledge this fact then nothing will get out of hand.

Hence me saying 100% that ttrr is the best option :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 01:42 AM »
It's impossible to discuss this poll objectively.  This is all a fun free for all of opinions and if we all acknowledge this fact then nothing will get out of hand.

Hence me saying 100% that ttrr is the best option :)

Lol, just delete everything, and keep TuS Classic only...

Offline TitiO

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 02:32 AM »
nah... then make a league only for roper =P

Offline HHC

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 09:18 AM »

Come back when you learn how to play..

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 09:29 AM »

Come back when you learn how to play..

Ok, I deserved that.  Fair cop.

But I don't think even the most advanced tactics could win against someone collecting a few of the right crates.  Unless T17 has changed or something.

Offline HHC

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 09:31 AM »
I won 6 out of 12 t17 tournaments. And I even missed out on 2 or 3.

If you play it right, there's gotta be some major bad luck involved to keep you from winning. Especially with 7 girders.

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 09:58 AM »
I won 6 out of 12 t17 tournaments. And I even missed out on 2 or 3.

If you play it right, there's gotta be some major bad luck involved to keep you from winning. Especially with 7 girders.

I imagine some of those tournies you lost were down to crates.  But anyway, I see your point.

The times I've played T17 I've enjoyed teleporting to crates and hoping they were fun weapons or got totally pissed off at girder block after bloody girder block.  There should be no girders.  Would be just as fair.  Grrr.

Offline rash

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 10:09 AM »
im not a fan of t17 but its a skilled scheme, there is a lot of tactics and u can get easily owned by some1 good at it. And the 7 girders is great coz i remember some years ago it sucked a bit, it was only blocks during the sd and if u had no pigeon, sheep, or missile u were dead... whereas now u can finish a game be4 the water gets on the roof!
But i voted for ttrr of course  :D