Forums
May 11, 2024, 07:18 PM

Author Topic: some changes which may lead to a better working league  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Peja

some changes which may lead to a better working league
« on: January 25, 2014, 01:30 PM »
well first 2 basic things which are that basic its weird we still lack of it

- league informations and rules must be visable for all with a direct click on front page. MI says he is working on it, i hope he finally finishes it. just making a hyperlink at league rules to the announcements which include rules as well would help for the start.

- download link for all current schemes used in leagues and  links to the schemes for additional rules (like how to handle cows) every newcomer i play and even people well aware of the league who return are unaware of current schemes and rules since the current ones are hidden in announcements.

how to decrease the amount of complaints and avoid lots of drama:

i would go as far saying most of all complaints are totally useless and wouldnt exist with some adjustments of rules and a change in the report system

The" wrong report" complaint:

- maybe its possible to add an ability for a player to delete his own wrong reports. (cant be abused since you dont gain any advantage by deleting your own wins) mayxbe MI can tell if its hard to implent, we would get rid of many complaints ina  quite comfortable way.

The "it wasnt a tusgame" complaint:

- force both players to write: "tus/tel/trl" with /anon at start of game.

The"Player xy dropped in a  clanner" complaint:

gonna write a bit more since its one of my fav topics and despite people telling me we already have lagout rules which nice transform into clanners.
well this still causes drama from time to time like it can be seen here: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-161863/msg189327/?topicseen#new

imo its total useless and could be solved easily, gonna use the situation of the game as an example for some thoughts..
situation: more or less even game, lalo drops at end of his turn. avi forces nico to some kind of fast decision and basicly refuses the rehost, dte nds up winning and calls nico lame for not answering immediatly.

First of all: clanners are played at least 2 vs 2, if someone drops his clan cant finish the game in the way its meant to be. in some online leagues situations like this are handled with an auto loss by the dropping clan simply because its their problem. since wa is turnbased we have the possibility to rematch situations so we can handle things different. but i guess we all can agree a drop shouldnt lead to a disadvantage for the clan still in game. since wa is turnbased its possible this can happen.

lets look what happened in the game: avi wants a quick decision since he considers its lame the other clan sees how the game develops. well it was right after lalos turn so obviously u cant answer right in the situation i gues, roper is quite fast so to make the decision may take a bit.
from my point of view, dt was unable to finish the game in a proper way cos their mate dropped. at this point its done, they are basicly unable to cotinue. so i wonder which right should dt have to win this game in the normal way. with the drop is over and basicly they should be happy we have rules who doesnt make them lose the game because of that.it shouldnt be l3x problem dt drops, its dts problem and therefore they should be unable to continue if the other side wants it that way, doesnt matter if its right now or 3 turns after it.

so in short my suggest of lagout rule:

part 1:

"if a drop happens the game is broke and will be rematched with an appropriate setup unless the remaining persons immediatly agree on continuing the game".

explantation: this way both sides have a right for the rematch since the game is obviously broken with the drop
problem: 1 player keeps dropping >>>>

part 2 of lagout rule: "if one player keeps dropping for 3 straight times its an automatic lose for the clan of the dropping player"

some thoughts about rematching:

- we have schemes where we can recreate drop situations quite accurate (bng, hysteria, roper (when its close to sd) ttrr) in this schemes it should be fine just making same setup until turnorder fits and counting hps. if roper is close to sd and healthpoints are still quite high its even exactly the same situation (since no player dies until sd and theres no mess with crates cos of surrrender)

- in all other cases a proper handicap should do it, or a fresh game in schemes like elite t17 if game is close.

imo if we add this rule we could get rid of possible drama and thats a good thing, just correct me and make suggestions if you think the rule is flawed.

the "quit issue" complaint

only acceptable way of quitting is because of a wrong scheme before the game starts. otherwise its an automatic lose for the quitting team. if you disagree with a map before game starts (like bng elite when there wasnt preview with objects) you can just tele a worm into water to show your refuse.
i want to add this because we have a rule saying quitting means to forfeit the game. still in my recent invovled complaints clans get away with just quitting without any discussion. its time to make the existing rule work and really giving out loses for quitting teams. otherwise we would have to rethink of our quitting rule.

the "cow issue" complaint

could be solved easily with stricter rules about handling cows, examples: darkside, distance rule in bng, ropeknock in elite t17. current rules just call these things forbidden but dont show the punishment at all.so it would be useful to add some.

bng:
- darkside: use a2b rule
distance rule: maybe remove it completly, since most people are unaware of it and it allows people to abuse parts of the maps with close telports in middle of first worm. if you want to make sure about distances just make 2 sides in bng, if people want to fight from close distance its their problem.

t17/elite

ropeknock: is the correct punishment a simple skip? is there even a need for this rule since we could just host on party time? why should be skipped at all if knock doesnt really affect the game?  guess we can find a fitting solution there.

in general: maybe add some rule of 3 cows = lose

which work would be left for mods in pejas perfect world?

basicly only stuff like: "is my advanatge in scheme xy enough for a win or do i ahve to rematch"

think about those ideas, maybe they help.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:33 PM by Peja »
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Triad

Re: some changes which may lead to a better working league
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:36 PM »
The "it wasnt a tusgame" complaint:

- force both players to write: "tus/tel/trl" with /anon at start of game.

Yeah we are doing that in UCL, simple but effective solution.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 02:00 PM »
AND MI ADD BEAT THE KING CHALLY !!!!!

Offline Prankster

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 02:01 PM »
the a2b darkside rule is designed for "style" bng, it's more like a guideline than a real rule, it doesn't eliminate the loopholes. trust me, we had nice arguments/fights over it on b2b forums :)
it would be just another complicated rule for the standard league bng, which should have no rules instead.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 02:47 PM »
Peja is just trying to get a better place as "most thread starter"

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 02:54 PM »

Offline barman

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 02:54 PM »
The shittiness of this idea has been already estabilished. I have pointed out several problems with this model of competition to which nobody cared to suggest any reasonable fixes.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Alien

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 03:49 PM »
some good ideas you have there peja, nice topic ! ;)

i have a little suggestion too, but it's not about league.. see spoiler.

Spoiler! View

@profe: nonsense and not funny -> PUTO! xd

Offline Hussar

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 04:36 PM »
The shittiness of this idea has been already estabilished. I have pointed out several problems with this model of competition to which nobody cared to suggest any reasonable fixes.

yea? well am very suprised. tell me the f@#! where?  most of the ppl agreed that this is good idea and even MI said that he will do it soon
coz he like it.

here is the topic

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/challenges/just-an-idea-beat-the-king-22003/msg180675/#msg180675

it will be just addon for everyone... if u wont play it, thats okay, no one will force u to participate.
just leave it.

mby u are mad coz u wrote that u had similiar idea which i never saw earlier ... dunno.. but still most of ppl agreed.
so what u wanna show dude?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:39 PM by Berria »

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 05:54 PM »
lets look what happened in the game: avi wants a quick decision since he considers its lame the other clan sees how the game develops. well it was right after lalos turn so obviously u cant answer right in the situation i gues, roper is quite fast so to make the decision may take a bit.
from my point of view, dt was unable to finish the game in a proper way cos their mate dropped. at this point its done, they are basicly unable to cotinue. so i wonder which right should dt have to win this game in the normal way. with the drop is over and basicly they should be happy we have rules who doesnt make them lose the game because of that.it shouldnt be l3x problem dt drops, its dts problem and therefore they should be unable to continue if the other side wants it that way, doesnt matter if its right now or 3 turns after it.

so peja, your suggesting that if one team drops out, the other team can play on as long as they want, and when they see they may have a chance to lose.. they can ask for rematch???    you dont think everyone in the game taking a round of turns is enough time to decide what you actually want?...  hmm.. ill have to think about that peja....

Offline Peja

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 01:43 PM »
my suggestion is different avi, if both sides dont agree within 1 turn its rh. the sense is to avoid what you are talking about.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline barman

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 03:13 PM »
yea? well am very suprised. tell me the f@#! where?  most of the ppl agreed that this is good idea and even MI said that he will do it soon
coz he like it.

here is the topic

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/challenges/just-an-idea-beat-the-king-22003/msg180675/#msg180675
In that topic I have already pointed out several likely unsolvable problems based on empirical experience with trying to implement such a challenge in the past, which will potentially prevent this idea from working as desired ;)

Sorry for late reply
My photography work

barman's fails are best

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 09:55 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol i was about to post something related to peja's post, but i just forgot now lol
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 09:58 PM »

In that topic I have already pointed out several likely unsolvable problems based on empirical experience with trying to implement such a challenge in the past, which will potentially prevent this idea from working as desired ;)

Sorry for late reply

Anyway.. i spoken with MI and he said that he will do it.

Offline barman

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 10:07 PM »
Cool, looking forward to it. I don't think it will work well, but I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong in this matter 8)
My photography work

barman's fails are best