Forums
May 02, 2024, 09:38 PM

Author Topic: Position inside PlayOffs  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Flori

Position inside PlayOffs
« on: August 12, 2009, 11:10 PM »
I think the position of people who are in POs should be done with the best pourcentage of win in the current season. Not to choose the players in POs, but only to know what position players who are in PO should have, because it's important to pick 1st, 2rd and 5th or 2nd and 4th.

I should adding this "best pourcentage of win" in the current season is the best thing, so players can deserve it.

I'll take me for example xd
I have 48 wins and 5 loses i have 90% of win and i'm 5th in PO, so i'll play against the 4th and he'll pick the 1st, the 3rd and the 5th schemes.
Because of my overall stats, even with my 48/5 rate i'm not 1st of the current league, and it penalize me for the PO in season 7.
Adding this "best pourcentage of the current season" wouldn't change any rating of the current season, but would pick out the penalization a good "Overall player" could have.

I post here to people think about. I remember it doesn't change anything about the position in the current season, or players inside PlayOffs, it only changes the standings inside PlayOffs

Offline Chicken23

Re: Position inside PlayOffs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 12:53 AM »
I disagree. If you want to get higher in playoffs you need to earn more season points. Its harder for you to get season points becasue of your high overall rating. But if you base it on winning percentage you could just sit at top of standings and only play a few games to make playoffs. This way encourages the top players in overall to play more games and risk losing points to balance the standings out more.

Ive only done tus singles since yesterday and because ive not got an very high overall rank as this is my first season ive climbed into top half of standings quickly because im beating players higher seeded than me which is fair. You'll find the more active tus becomes the better balanced the standings will be and we need to encourage the players high in overall standings to play.

Maybe the number one position should go to highest in overall points, but i think seasonal points is best.

Offline Flori

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 01:01 AM »
I don't see how it's possible to become 1st, i have already 52/5 rates and only 1200 points, 1st has 2100. Man it's impossible thing. I need maybe 200 win lol.
So having a good Overall rates is a big handicap for all future seasons... It's really mission impossible. I'm already v active, 57 games should be enough, with 52 wins, to be able to be 1st in PO.
Nobody could have 200 wins and 2 loses in a season.. Need tu be f@#!ing active and need to be mablak xD

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 02:23 AM »
then in my view highest in overall should be seed 1 for playoff. highest for sesonal seed 2, 2nd highest overall seed 3, second highest sesonal seed 4, and so on untill u have the 8 players for playoffs

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:26 AM »
Hmm Flori is right and wrong on both.
Take a look at stats of this season sorted by overall points:

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/classic-stats/sort-overall-down-1-singles/?s=7

There are 8 people after Flori:
Jackdaniels, Gonzo, pr, Jakka, Godito, NAiL, WookA, Hurenmeister

These are the closest people to Flori in overall stats WHICH have played in this season.
Look at Flori game limitations: (It also shows who he have played with in this season)

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/members-stats/Flori/?s=7;l=classic

None of the 8 players above is in this list. I'm not saying Flori is a noob basher. But for some reason he couldn't managed to play with people who have closer rank to him.

I'm saying it IS possible for Flori to get on the top, If he can play more and more with these people.

@Chicken23
Your idea seems to be a solution. Need putting more thought to it.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Flori

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 02:13 PM »
They are inactive or don't play tus anymore^^ i just ask tus on ag and people answer, but them never anwser. I won't run after them to take points...
But i don't know, waiting for more comments...

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 03:09 PM »
try using msn flori, if u asked me on msn id play you

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 06:00 PM »

There are 8 people after Flori:
Jackdaniels, Gonzo, pr, Jakka, Godito, NAiL, WookA, Hurenmeister

Look at Flori game limitations: (It also shows who he have played with in this season)

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/members-stats/Flori/?s=7;l=classic

None of the 8 players above is in this list. I'm not saying Flori is a noob basher. But for some reason he couldn't managed to play with people who have closer rank to him.

owned :D

althought he did kick my arse yesterday

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 12:52 AM »
Flori, major flaw in this idea:

I can noob bash 30 noobs, and win all my games. There, 100%, top of the league.

Or...

I can play 45 games against good players and win 35 of them.

Noob basher comes first, deserves it does he?

+ Flori, as MI said, as long as you play 30 games you will remain at the top of the overall league (considering you win most of them, as you should if you are top of the league, unless you have been noob bashing), and therefore gain a PO qualification.

Remember PO positions are comprised of both the top 4 current league players and the top 4 overall league players, so small point increases do not matter!

Also, you need to start playing more default schemes with people clsoer to your rank. You have RINSED out the rope schemes...

Look at me for example, you'd gain over 60 points for beating me in elite, t17 and hysteria.

Fact of the matter is id only gain 20 or so points more than you would beating you in your best scheme, than you would beating me in mine. This goes for the other top 10-15 active players.

+ MI The reason he hasn't played half of the top 10 is because half of them are inactive (or avoiders, you know who you are).

Flori hasn't noob bashed though, he has played a good spread of games this season against a number of skilled players. If you'd picked schemes you have a low ranking in, i.e. t17, elite and hysteria, then you would have positioned higher.

Your still top of the overall league, so whats the problem Flori?

Maybe it would look better if PO qualifications where shown in two groups, top 4 current and top 4 overall. I feel this would be unecessary although it would avoid any possible stigma associated with positioning 4th or lower. Hope you understand that!

*SHORT VERSION OF POST*

Bad idea flori!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 01:39 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 05:55 AM »
Since it is the "Season PO", So the top first of the seasonal points are coming first in the PO. (Also mentioned once by Rok)

Being in the top 4 in the overall stats (If you are not in the top seasonal 4 too) makes your position 5-8 in the PO, Which means you don't get to pick the first scheme. (Flori's argument)
Again being in the top 4 in the overall stats, I guess you shouldn't mind giving the "low" skilled player the first pick.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 10:26 PM »
i think in tpl it was seeded how i mentioned. Or even 1st in season is seed 1, first in overall is seed 2, 2nd in seaosn is seed 3, 2nd in overall is seed 4, 3rd in season is seed 5, 3rd in overall is seed 6, 4th in season is seed 7, 4th in overall is seed 8.

I think that may make a more interested pairing of playoffs?

I dunno, what do you think?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 06:59 PM »
I'm waiting for more replies.

I'm separating the shoppers and wxw at the start of classic league season #8. If we reach an agreement on this, This will be applied too.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 03:27 AM »
just seems like a better system, whoever got most seasonal points is rewarded with still being first in playoffs, and whoever has highest overall is 2nd seed. Seems more logically to pair the playoffs this way.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 05:14 AM »
Yea seems to me too.

Just want to hear more opinions :)

Offline Rok

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 08:15 AM »
Ok, here's mine :) I agree with what chicken proposed.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz