Forums
May 16, 2024, 08:47 AM

Author Topic: Private chatbox suggestion  (Read 631 times)

Private chatbox suggestion
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:37 PM »
Hello,

I really love the new IM stuff. TdC is mostly speaking though it and it really helps to get an IM from your clan when they are looking for clanner and you're not in snoop by example.
I have two suggestions not majors change but you know these little things that could make it even better:
1) Allow people to be able to hear a sound when a new message pop up if they want to. I really miss this feature because  I am not always on this page and a little sound could just warn me if one of my chat friend want to contact me or if there is  a new message. I know it's a lot fb like but who cares.. I like it !
2) Sometimes it is really hard to understand each other with peja ( :-*) so I will soon set up a new ventrilo for all my clan friends (or something like that).. And I was thinking that it is kinda stupid to do a seperate stuff when you could have it right away in the IM. I am not asking about ventrilo right in tus but something where we could just press a button during clan game and speak to one community.

I know there are still lot of bug and a huge to do list for MI. So even if you guys like the idea I don't mean it to be done right now of course :)

Offline avirex

Re: Private chatbox suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:11 AM »
some kind of teamspeak program for clan/community would be amazing!!! a sound would also be cool.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 06:18 AM »
taner had suggested setting up a teamspeak on TUS but he never posted a topic about it. You think it's good to have it?

@fada,
Give me an beep sound for new messages and you shall have it.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:22 AM »
Give me an beep sound for new messages and you shall have it.

ICQ-like style :D

But maybe it should be customizable?

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Peja

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 09:07 AM »
FoS would like to use this beep
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Husk

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 01:24 PM »
FoS would like to use this beep

why is she so exhausted xDDDDddddd shuashuahs

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 04:03 PM »
I like statik sound :).
Custom could be nice but could use lot of space for mi maybe not best idea :)
About the micro feature. Maybe look into html5 and the websocket interface (http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/) and the element <device>