Forums
May 10, 2024, 05:13 AM

Author Topic: Rates level changed  (Read 600 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Rates level changed
« on: December 27, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Today rates level changed.

As some people asked about it, I changed it to each 60 pts 1 level. So that the difference between people becomes more so more points can be gained/lost in games.

We'll see how it effects the results. I guess it will decrease noob bashing.

(It may change back to what it was before.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:53 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

Re: Rates level changed
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:00 AM »
My advice is to make the differences between ranks different. So, for instance, you would need to earn 60 points in order to get from Rank 1 to Rank 2, but you would need 70 more points to get from Rank 2 to Rank 3.
The way it is now, people can easily reach the greatest rank and then it might get boring for that player or the league loses the challenge for him/her.
If differences between Ranks would differ, noob bashing would be thrown into the shade (hopefully) but noob bashers could not get to really high ranks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 05:13 AM by MonkeyIsland »