Forums
May 11, 2024, 05:11 AM

Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 786 times)

Offline Ray

Ratings
« on: March 13, 2009, 09:45 PM »
I have an idea to make the rating system here a little better:

One possibility is to forget about resetting stats for each scheme at the end of the seasons.

If we don't do that, then we should make a bigger whole between players with good and bad rating. I mean, the amount of points given to a better rated player should be less for the worse rated player (I hope you understand).

Personally, I prefer the first one.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Ratings
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:09 AM »
I've thought this through.
If we don't reset stats. Good newcomer players will have more chance than others especially when they beat high ranked players. That was one of the fights earlier.

To solve that, I can code some filter to do not let that happen. But now each season for entering PO, the high ranked player have to play more and its harder for him to get into the playoffs, why? 
For example if he play vs his same level players, he would gain the standard points (40), in the meantime if newbie in the league will play with another newbie and he gain 40 too and that's not fair.

To solve this problem, we can give the high ranked player some advantage. Like in all seasons first 4 top players in the stats goes to the PO if they play their 30 games in that league. So we collect other 4 people by the 4 top players in that season. Probably 8 players will be few for this matter. Then maybe PO must be 16.

If we go this way, There's only one problem.
How much the league is active to do such thing?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:12 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

Re: Ratings
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 08:22 AM »
As far as I see, now, it is very inactive :(
My opinion is that playoffs are for each season, not for global stats, as a matter of fact, PO should include the best of each season.

But that's still no answer for the possibilities I planned first.