Forums
May 15, 2024, 01:01 PM

Author Topic: Seasonal vs Overall.  (Read 9382 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Seasonal vs Overall.
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2011, 08:26 AM »
I think 1/10 games is completely over the top lol, maybe when you lose 2-5 games out of 10, and I doubt if Killer is winning very little games, I doubt he will make the Playoffs.

If you wanna make Playoffs with Overall rank, then practise more, and get better like Mablak and Random.

You know what the funny thing is.

Most of you "top players" do actually cross paths on wnet ALOT, you are just too scared to play each other too much, and that's a fact.

Edit:

I think it's a shame when "pro players" hound average players for reaching playoffs just because they had a good streak and reached the top of the Seasonal, what's the big deal? ANYONE who reaches the Playoffs can't be a noob, if they were a noob they wouldn't win enough games and they wouldn't qualify with the % limit for starters.

It doesn't matter what the system is, you will only always get into the Playoffs for playing your best as much as often.

It is frustrating, but reaching the Playoffs and being 1st in Seasonal shouldn't be the only incentive to play Leagues.

Offline Albino

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2011, 09:03 AM »
I agree with SPW. And I don't really get why there is a rule at TEL that you can't reset your overall rating. Thanks to Tom for making this rule... :-X He is making rules but he is not even playing TEL.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Why would you want to reset anyway?

That would mean that good players fed up with the "system" could reset and get a free ticket to the Playoffs with Seasonal points on their 1st run, and that isn't a good thing.

Oh by the way, sorry if I sound angry or anything i'm not lol, im just REALLY tired today after work and too lazy to type massive like I normally do lol.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2011, 11:06 AM »
TUS will tweak its system for new season of Classic and TEL for sure.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline darKz

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Awesome. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline SPW

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Awesome. :)

I'm looking forward.

@komo

You dont got it, I see. I didn't say, that someone like Killer is a noob, I just said, he's an average Eliter. But only being average doesnt give you the right, to qualify easier than others into playoffs. He isn't a noob, but defeantly not worth to call him "Top 8". At least not yet.

As I said before we were starting TEL season #1. I want to have every season Top 8 in playoffs - and no more handicap for some Top 8-20 Eliter's. It's just not fair, I simply prefer the fairest system we can make. That's all.

Offline Husk

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2011, 09:18 PM »
ummm yea if u compare the first season top 8 with this season's top 8, u can see the difference (;

Offline nino

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2011, 11:42 PM »
nino warned hauhua
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2011, 07:34 AM »
But only being average doesnt give you the right, to qualify easier than others into playoffs.

It does if they have a good season and play good players.

Offline Albino

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Why would you want to reset anyway?

That would mean that good players fed up with the "system" could reset and get a free ticket to the Playoffs with Seasonal points on their 1st run, and that isn't a good thing.

Guess why Komo?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2011, 01:00 PM »
I agree with SPW. And I don't really get why there is a rule at TEL that you can't reset your overall rating. Thanks to Tom for making this rule... :-X He is making rules but he is not even playing TEL.

Oi

this would of been fine if more focus was on overall standings being more important than seasonal. Also when you could reset your overall rating, people abused it to gain easier seasonal points to make a playoff spots. I just came up with a solutions to that problem..

Like i said before about classic there should of been more po spots going to overall players, 2/3 or 3/4 of po spots for overall, and display the standings as overall as default. Viewing seasonal would then effectly become the 'bonus whoever earnt the highest rating change' awards to a smaller faction than whover has highest overall. (Handicap or whatever it was called at fb)

However this never got worked out and the po spots stayed on 50/50 for each type and seasonal remained the default view.

Offline Random00

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2011, 09:31 PM »
We continued today. I won WxW and Shopper.
Just Elite and Roper left.