Forums
May 02, 2024, 03:36 PM

Poll

Would you like to have separate shopper and wxw ratings?

Yes
72 (80.9%)
No
17 (19.1%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: Shopper/wxw rating  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Ray

Re: Shopper/wxw rating
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 09:35 PM »
OK, I'll be the first who disagrees. Go ahead, smite. ;D
WxW is a variation of Shopper, played with the same scheme file (only very few changes), moreover, for instance, Fly Shopper and all the different variations should be separated then. Makes no sence to me.

Personally, I have seen no league making difference between Shopper and WxW.

Offline Rok

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 08:53 AM »
Personally, I have seen no league making difference between Shopper and WxW.

CBC in wwp, you even played it.

Variations, yes, I agree, but imagine playing shopper on dogma's shoppa 2001 map or wxw on some 6 or more wall map. You get plenty of time for knocks and piling in shopper, wxw is about speed and fast reactions and safe roping... Differences too big to count it as 1 scheme, imo.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:03 AM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 09:18 PM »
i agree. People will pick a 6 walled map if to aid them against poor ropers. The shopper maps are different and require more knocks and potential attacking techniques.
Its so obivous that wxw is different to shopper because the apperance of unlimited zooks to give urself more retreat time when roping at end of turn. You don't need this in shoppers

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 02:34 AM »
At the start of the new season I'll separate these schemes.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Sure, wxw and shopz must be separated!
Can I get a free beer too? Stella Artois plz
*ice cold
;D :P

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 11:58 PM »
finally this topic has been addressed.

Always thought about this, I agree the schemes should be seperate, completely different games.

Zooks and Nades really should be unlimited in shopper and wxw, this reduces the luck factor in crate contents dramatically.
worm and learn

Offline Ray

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 01:43 PM »
I agree with NAiL.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Nah. It adds to the fun of it. Not in shopper as cr8s are easy to rope to. The zook was added in wxw so people could get more retreat time to get to back to a safe hide?

shopper FB scheme is prefect

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 11:03 PM »
Picking up 2 handguns and an uzi whilst your opponant gathers a couple of dynamites doesnt really add to the fun of it for me, more the frustration.

Although, not having unlimitied nades and zooks does make shopper more challenging, and forces people to be more creative in their attacks in order for maximum damage.

As with roper and t17, crate contents generally tends to be balanced by the end of the game. Whilst you may pick up bad crates 1 turn, your opponant will also collect poorer crates than you during the course of the game.

I think the scheme should be modified slightly, how about having 3 nades and 3 zooks (or less), just to even things up a bit?
worm and learn

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 12:10 AM »
unlimited zooks, and 3 nades sounds good to me

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 01:15 AM »
but the thing is, when ur in shopper and ur getting bad cr8s, u'll lose a worm, then ur able to pile and the attacks on ur worms and the opponents balances out if you get those piles, and by this point ur picking up better weapons and scheme is balancing itself.

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 02:50 AM »
3 worm turn order advantage won't take effect until a good few turns into the game, enough time for an overal disadvantage to be achieved by the fact that your other worms are already within killing distance!
worm and learn

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 03:33 AM »
i cant recall a game where ive been heavly cr8 raped in shopper.. Normally even when both players attack everyturn it turns into a close game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 10:11 AM »
WxW scheme already has unlimited zooks: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/TUSclassic.rar

Now when shopper and wxw schemes are separated, it would be good to have different shopper scheme also (I'd agree to without zooks). Everyone is invited to submit his own, so we can pick the best one :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:59 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 01:20 PM »
but the thing is, when ur in shopper and ur getting bad cr8s, u'll lose a worm, then ur able to pile and the attacks on ur worms and the opponents balances out if you get those piles, and by this point ur picking up better weapons and scheme is balancing itself.
I think when you play versus a good opponent, he is not that stupid to kill one of your worms at the beginning of the game, rather divide the damages and only start killing the worms when all of them are within a killing distance.