Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:52 AM

Author Topic: surrender legal tactic?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline darKz

Re: surrender legal tactic?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 12:36 AM »
Every time I read "telecow" my eyes bleed. Had to throw that in. Please continue.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 01:40 AM »
Every time I read "telecow" my eyes bleed. Had to throw that in. Please continue.

What else did you expect while partaking in a discussion about weather or not having your team mate surrender is a valid tactic or not ? In a game like hysteria in a 2v1 situation teleporting your worm to the enemy worm is casually referred to as a telecow.

I suppose you would rather have a more professional less casual term used ?

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 10:16 AM »
If a clan will benefit by having the weaker player suicide himself out of the game so the stronger player can abuse turn order then that should be allowed.

Of course, that's been a legal tactic in Roper since time immemorial. All we're arguing here is that clans should work for this and actually carry it out in-game with the weapons the scheme provides, as they always have, not make it easy for themselves with a utility that can't be removed from a scheme because of technical limitations. It makes the game look bad and that's really the only reasoning a competitive league should require.

And since this applies to Roper, one of the three historically most important competitive schemes on any Worms game, not just Hysteria, it is a bit silly to argue that the latter should be removed from competitive play on these grounds alone.

Offline Husk

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 11:15 AM »
there can be a more dangerous situation in hysteria:

2 red teams both with 1 worm vs 1 blue team with 1 worm
blue worm telecow
1 red team instantly quits
gg

good example ae

same could happen even in elite... "oh **** I gotta go, cya"