Forums
May 10, 2024, 08:33 AM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon 2009 (past decade?) Awards  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Crazy

Worms Armageddon 2009 (past decade?) Awards
« on: January 26, 2010, 11:22 PM »
Sorry to dissapoint you, but this is not a big project post coming from me (atleast not as writing in this very moment). But where are the Awards? Where is Shirdel?  :D Anyway, it would have been cool to have had some kind of Awards, really. The end of 2009 marked the 10th year anniversary of WA, I feel there should have been some sort of big thread celebration of this particular event/year. What you guys think? It`s actually a bit weird how few such threads there have been on TUS (after what I can recall), as these kind of threads usually are very popular  :P You know, the "how long have you played worms", "who is the best wormer ever in rr, elite, roper, overall etc", "who do you miss the most", AND so on!

Edit: Maybe this should have been posted in the Worms Armageddon forum, sorry if so.

Edit 2: I was heading for bed, but I`ll add my own suggestion to the thread. I was thinking we could make it something similar to WACL. It`s not very fancy shit, but it`s a lot more fun then to just be presenting them on the forum in black and white :) It`s all about the glamour! There could be some comments from the Award winners, overall I think it would be a lot more interesting.

I guess it would be difficult to pull of Awards for the past decade (I`m thinking overall). Very few members of the community have played for that long, so the votes and nominees would be mostly from "newschool" people, which again would leave out many good oldschool players, and people such as Ropa would go nuts if these players were not nominated (like the ones nominated in the link above). So, sticking to just 2009 would probably be the best idea, ae?

BRAINSTORMING ASAP!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:41 AM by Crazy »

Offline THeDoGG

Re: Worms Armageddon 2009 (past decade?) Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:48 AM »
very good idea !

Lol man, I remember this WACL award movie, awesome you found it  :P
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:50 AM by THeDoGG »

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:51 PM »
I like it also ! :)

Offline pr

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:00 PM »
THE CLAN WHORE OF THE YEAR

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 12:01 AM »
Start it up, sir :)

"vroooom vrooooooom HONK! HONK!"

Offline Hakfinn

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Make Worms Armageddon 2010! ;D Let's play more clanners and make pro players from noobs :D
Wanna play my maps? No problem, you can find my maps at http://www.wmdb.org/users/Hakfinn  Let's play and enjoy!

Offline Crazy

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 09:40 AM »

I have a plan!

Offline Gangstas

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 10:17 AM »
Still spewing about not winning best clan leader :) ... Ahhhh the old days ...
Bringing back -EiF- since 1999 =)

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 05:42 PM »

I have a plan!

Thou must shareth this plan forthwith!

Offline Crazy

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 11:24 PM »
If you had any plans of making an EiF comeback, you should have thought about this earlier! Liberty and Endo was still around two years ago, you are too late I`m afraid  :-[

Offline Gangstas

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 03:57 AM »
Ahhh Lib and Endo ... Naaa no plans for an EiF come back  8) ... I just feel like playing a few games here and there every week ... I'm really bad these days and need so much prac ...

The rumors of WA2 actually brought me back ... Comon T17 hurry up and release the PC version :-\ ... I'm sure it'll just be another empty promise like bringing back the ranks .... Damn I miss Pro league ...

Bringing back -EiF- since 1999 =)

Offline Rok

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 01:18 PM »
The rumors of WA2 actually brought me back ... Comon T17 hurry up and release the PC version :-\ ... I'm sure it'll just be another empty promise like bringing back the ranks ...

I suggest you stick with w:a ;)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz