Forums
May 14, 2024, 02:00 AM

Author Topic: Season 20 playoffs  (Read 10953 times)

Offline franz

Re: Season 20 playoffs
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 05:31 AM »
SINGLES Round1 has ended.

Reminder: Singles Round2 deadline - MONDAY, August 8th  (Clanners Round1 deadline - FRIDAY, July 29th)
almost 3 week(s) in now -> less than 3 week(s) left for Singles Round2  (less than 1.5 week(s) left for Clanners Round1)

artic/maciej

cfc/dc, sounds like you both agree Saturday 23rd 7pm GMT.

Offline Random00

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Im really pissed about these playoffs (singles)! I can't believe that Bonus and Bryan are not able to get their games played. They're both pretty active, so this shouldn't be the problem.
Its just a matter of making effort to get these games played.
People who show such a great disinterest in playoffs shouldn't definetly be banned for at least 1 upcoming playoffs.

I really love competitive gaming during the season and the season definetly has its peak at the playoffs, which means that this is the greatest way of competitive gaming on tus for me.
And it's a shame if it's ruined by inactivity because of disinterest...

Im pointing at respect, Bryan and Bonus. In my opinion none of you deserves to get into the next playoffs you'd qualify for.
Respect played the 2 games he played just because Artic showed great interest in getting it played afaik ;d

I'm gonna attach a PM conversation between Bonus and me a few days ago. This kinda showed that playoffs kinda mean nothing to him (at least thats what Im thinking of when I read his PM...)

My PM:
Hey man,
I see you play a lot of TUS games in this season again and you reach #1 in standings again. Thats all fine, but if you wanna be in Playoffs then you should also make some effort to get your games played.
Bryan is also an active player and it shoudn't be hard to get these games played if you care for it.
I could almost cry when I see people playing so much to get in playoffs and then dont give a f@#! about the playoffs itself... its a shame.

If you're not interested in Playoffs then you have the option not to take part in playoffs (checkbox in your league profile settings). Then you can play TUS as usual and get #1 in standings, but you just dont take away playoff spots that other players care more for...

So either show some respect for playoffs or select this option.
Thanks.

his answer:
I play every day and I not seen yet Bryan on AG.
and the playoffs are not going to resign, as soon as see bryan on wormnet it I'll play with it!

I know I complained a lot about the treatment of playoffs so far, but I didnt see it getting any better so far. It's a shame and kinda takes away the last motivation for me to play singles. ;d

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 10:33 AM »
It's all fun when they can pick their opponents, but when they are forced to play better players they cower out :)

Offline franz

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 04:01 PM »
I know I complained a lot about the treatment of playoffs so far, but I didnt see it getting any better so far. It's a shame and kinda takes away the last motivation for me to play singles. ;d

Thank you for speaking up. This definitely will be looked into.

Offline franz

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 04:06 PM »

Thank you for speaking up. This definitely will be looked into.

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/leagues-rules/msg79573/#msg79573

Random00, after some discussion, this rule was added to penalize players who treat the playoffs passively or with disinterest.

"Any player or clan who fails to finish their playoff games and is kicked out will be disqualified from the next playoffs of that league. After that, they are free to qualify again."

Offline franz

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 04:09 PM »
CLANS Round1 has ended.

Reminder: Singles Round2 deadline - MONDAY, August 8th  (Clans FINAL deadline - SUNDAY, August 28th)
almost 4 week(s) in now -> less than 2 week(s) left for Singles Round2  (less than 5 week(s) left for Clans FINAL)

artic/maciej, both risk getting kicked out if this silence continues.

cfc/cf

Offline darKz

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 10:03 PM »
cFc, we'll be able to play on either 12th or 13th August, depending on Random's schedule. We'll let you know which of these two days and hopefully come to an agreement. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Maciej

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 10:07 PM »
ayayaya, I can play xD didn't know Artic done his game yet, I almost forgot about it lol

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2011, 06:57 AM »
cFc, we'll be able to play on either 12th or 13th August, depending on Random's schedule. We'll let you know which of these two days and hopefully come to an agreement. :)

We can't play 12th/13th I am working that weekend as a favour for my new boss, I am also working 5th so can't do that either :'(

Offline Random00

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2011, 07:49 AM »
How about giving a suggestion yourself instead of just saying you can't play?
These kind of responses simply suck...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2011, 07:58 AM »

Excuse me, but I said nothing wrong, seeing as I am an important part of cFc and am required for a number of schemes, BnG being a very crucial one you would win without me, it's not a good idea for us to play without me being there, just the same as we wouldn't play without daina and lalo, and me saying we can't play, 3 days, out of an entire month, isn't a bad thing, in fact it's a good thing, I let you know so soon to your suggestion so we can quickly organise something else, unless you are so important, that cFc MUST play only when YOU can? I was actually in the middle of a post on cFc forums trying to organise this, but you know what f@#! it, do the PO without me anyway, I cba with your attitude now, I done nothing wrong and yet again I get f@#!ing ambushed for it.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 09:40 AM »

Isn't that ironic?

suggestion: WEEKENDS
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline darKz

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Weekends fine, so we know that Random (one of CFs key players) can't play the next 2 weekends and Komo (one of cFcs key players) can't play on the 3rd weekend from now. How does 19th/20th August sound then?
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Random00

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2011, 10:27 AM »
I done nothing wrong and yet again I get f@#!ing ambushed for it.

imo, it woulda been enough if you responded when you know a date when cfc is able to play. But nvm, my post sounded a lot rougher then it was meant, sry for that.
At the moment CF has just 3 active players and SPW is very busy with work during the week, so we can basically just play at weekends. And I won't have time the next 2 weekends, so it's actually a big problem for CF to get a full team online at the same time, that's why organizing something as quick as possible seems to be very important to me.
So, as darkz said, how about 19th or 20th August? ;d

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Weekends fine, so we know that Random (one of CFs key players) can't play the next 2 weekends and Komo (one of cFcs key players) can't play on the 3rd weekend from now. How does 19th/20th August sound then?

Lol, well, 19th is day lalo arrives at my house, and we have a party this night... (seriously lol) 20th sounds good i'll tell them.