Forums
May 05, 2024, 10:22 AM

Author Topic: Maps without authors  (Read 991 times)

Offline Ray

Maps without authors
« on: April 20, 2010, 05:02 PM »
Hey, I think that part shouldn't list those maps, which are not in the list to select when uploading maps. Basically, these are the schemes which need a different map every time when playing. Elite, Team17, BnG, Intermediate, Hysteria, I think that's all, but not sure. :) Moreover, people will start downloading Elite or BnG maps and learning certain shots from certain places, or memorizing hides...

Other than that, we should create a Guide (School, Monkey :P) in which we could explain with detailed images how to create decent maps for those schemes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:03 PM by Ray »

Offline Ray

Re: Maps without authors
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:02 PM »
ANY ANSWERS??

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 12:20 AM »
i havent understand everything from that post  :o

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 07:47 AM »
What? I wrote it in English. ;D

Offline Ramone

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 09:30 AM »
There's around 20.000 maps atm and growing...  :o
I guess what Ray wants to say is that maps for Elite, BnG, T17, Hysteria and Intermediate should be removed from there? Those maps do not have real authors, they are made with few clicks, just randomly generated in game.. kinda same as default, so not much copyright in there   :P
Dunno, what was the idea with this part anyway? IMO if U keep this one rename it to smth like "All Maps played in TUS league", and separate the authors maps (wxw, ttrr, roper, shopper, mole, ctf, wfw....) to a different part named "Maps without authors"... But then again, it's not like they don't have an author, usually there's a signature in the map by author, lol
This have started to confuse me, I've just woke up, can't think straight atm.. XD

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Yes, this is what I mean, remove those maps from that part.

@Ramone: the maps without authors section contains those maps, which are already in the database of TUS, so games were played on them, but they are not uploaded to the Map Database yet, as a result, they don't have information regarding author, etc.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Yeah some of my maps are here, in the no-autor part  :o

Some of my 'color ropers', but people dont like them here for leagues, so... =)

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Upload all of them to the database DoGGy and put them into a map pack. That way, some of the maps without authors might recognise them.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 03:28 PM »
well no they arent really popular here  :-\ :-X