Forums
April 26, 2024, 07:02 PM

Author Topic: Mission 15 - Hot Stuff  (Read 977 times)

Offline Mablak

Mission 15 - Hot Stuff
« on: April 11, 2017, 04:26 AM »
Method Credit: Lex, Deadcode

This map can be done in one turn, and I believe this is the only reliable way to do it. And the mission record shows another awesome route that's hard to pull off. It hinges on one extremely precise HHG placement, which took me many hours to figure out, and then even more to make sure it was reliable. Since a tiny difference in HHG location makes a big difference in where you're blasted, this placement ended up getting into sub-pixel territory.

Turn 1: Rope and snag the double damage crate, while setting off the right mine to move the right worm to a better spot. Avoid that closer mine. Now get yourself into position at the bottom of this light brown object, facing left:

Now go 4 nudges right (the 1st nudge is your worm getting higher), aim to the 11th angle, toss HHG with the bare minimum power, then move 2 nudges left. Might want to memorize this crosshair position on the blue wire:

The hardest part is tossing a lowest power shot, it can help to take a second to visualize it. With practice you can definitely get it most of the time. Your worm flies up and grave damages the top worm into the water, scoring a triple kill.

Backup Strategy: Rope and kill with dyna if you miss the upper worm.

Offline Free

Re: Mission 15 - Hot Stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Gotta love ur passion, I just couldn't grind some hhg spot like that for hours, no way.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 09:49 AM »
I expected some naked women in this mission

edit: or at least naked assbest photo
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:54 AM by KinslayeR »

Offline Mablak

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Thanks free, there's an initial stage of boredom, but after that optimizing a map gets really fun! Even the angle-finding stuff. Little breakthroughs are rewarding for some reason, like mini-scientific discoveries.