Forums
April 27, 2024, 02:02 PM

Author Topic: Mission 9 - Water Surprise  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Mablak

Mission 9 - Water Surprise
« on: April 02, 2017, 07:14 AM »
Method Credit: Deadcode, Bloopy, Nekton

Turn 1: Walk left and bow the two mines on the tower. It's not too difficult to freehand these shots. However, if you're going for a consistent run, it's good to have fairly precise locations to shoot from, because small changes in distance/angle will result in big changes to the power the bow imparts to the mine.

1st shot: a spot I like is on the head of your left worm. Crawling up the back slowly, it would be the first spot where you can't get any higher on the worm. From there, just aim at the mine. Two angles will hit it, but go with the one where you see a sprite change, as you're adjusting from low to high. For the second shot, barely touch your left worm and do a backflip, as shown, then just shoot at max angle to do away with the 2nd mine. As for the retreat, I'm favoring jumping forward to act as a walkway for your next worm.

Turn 2: Start by jumping forward, which gives you air time to place a long vertical girder, then end your turn about halfway up that first stretch of the tower. This placement should be pretty exact, here's one that works well:

One way to memorize this placement is looking at the red cursor; its rightmost column of pixels is horizontally just 1 pixel away from touching this feature of the tower. And the top pixel in that column is vertically lined up with it.

Turn 3: After climbing up the first stretch of the tower by jumping on your worm's head, climb up the second stretch the same way every time, as shown. Backflip as high as you can onto the tower, then backflip bounce off the tower (make sure you're pressed up against it), then backflip bounce off the girder. From there, just snag the Aqua Sheep and do a quick double tap at the right spot to kill the AI; the sheep penetrates deeper when released than when flying.

Offline philie

Re: Mission 9 - Water Surprise
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 02:39 PM »
awesome stuff, i like your speedruns, looking forward to more.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 05:44 PM »
was wanting to see what this one was going to look like, to me this was the most memorable (and hardest when i first played it) mission in armageddon.  those arrows are awesome and the vert girder is great for the backflip as well.

Offline Mablak

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 08:01 PM »
I also remember this one being hard, frankly it is, especially the first time you try it. But yeah, I had almost no work to do here. Deadcode/Bloopy/Nekton came up with this run ;O. I'm making it repeatable, but that's all.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:06 PM by Mablak »