Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:32 PM

Author Topic: best roping KB  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
best roping KB
« on: August 27, 2011, 08:55 AM »
It's this one http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?id=484
and this one http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?id=482

I want it, it's ps2/ mechanical, no loss, more than 1000hz...

but I don't know if I wanna spend more than 100 dollars on a keyboard...

Anyone else know of any brand that makes cheaper cherry KBs?

anu?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

Re: best roping KB
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:59 AM »
It's this one http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?id=484
and this one http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?id=482

I want it, it's ps2/ mechanical, no loss, more than 1000hz...

but I don't know if I wanna spend more than 100 dollars on a keyboard...

Anyone else know of any brand that makes cheaper cherry KBs?

anu?
for retards ropa, what is the difference between mechanical and non mechanical keyboards?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:21 AM »
without getting over technical walrus, because I couldn't even if I tried

usb kb's or basically all new kbs are digital, meaning when you press a key it sends a digital signal through a chip this gives a delay
mechanical is old school, remember the 90s IBM white keyboards that were everywere? there's no delay to the keys, it uses a more rudimentary system based on switches that send analog signal. also, the keys have that old feel, they CLACK when you press them and they move up super fast allowing for faster taps. It has more of a steel feel.

in resume, mechanical keyboards are extremely faster than keyboards you find nowadays in shops. you can basically obtain FR taps with one finger, providing you have very good timing. and if you FR well, imagine fingerolling super fast on this kb's spacebar, to the eye it would seem as if the space bar never goes down, because it goes back up THAT fast
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:24 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:40 AM »
I'm not a roper. But I think the main thing is skills, not keyboard. And I'm quite sure it's possible to achieve very high level of roping with almost every kb.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:02 AM »
As an owner of a pretty quiet keyboard I say "no thx", because even my keyboard keys sometimes sound too loud to me :D (and that's the main reason I remapped my space - the most loud key of the keyboard). Well, it's a matter of taste. I like silence, and also when I listen to some relaxing music I don't want to hear key presses :P

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:13 AM »
I'm not a roper. But I think the main thing is skills, not keyboard. And I'm quite sure it's possible to achieve very high level of roping with almost every kb.

It's not Korydex. I've tried from old keyboards like Maxell. Office keyboards like Microsoft and Logitech G series. The better keyboard helps you rope better. The more you can trust your keyboard, the more you get better in roping.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 10:47 AM »
the kb makes a huge differente like MI says. Surely it's ultimately up to the user, but think of it as the F1, the car has a lot to say in the end.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline JayX

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 11:38 AM »
it's a matter of taste.

Exactly,

But in the interest of the thread...

I use the Razer LTD ED Mirror Lycosa which I find is a great kb, but the Microsoft media I replaced cost me £35 this Lycosa cost me nearer £90, it's nice but does it make £55 worth of difference to my roping?

Nope, it just meant I had to get used to a new kb layout again.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 11:39 AM »
I use logitech g15 and it's good, no keylock, fast keys and time of react, you don't need anything more for worms. It's expensive one, but I guess logitech g11 is almost same (just without screen which is useless for worms) and cheaper.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 12:16 PM »
you don't need anything more for worms.

depends on what you want to achieve, this keyboard is incredibly faster than the logitech you mention.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 12:18 PM »
I bought a razer tarantula after some years of roping with a 10 year old compaq. I honestly dont think the tarantula made me rope any better at all, I do think there is some sort of placebo effect that may make you slightly better over time.

Im no expert on kbs but I know they dont vary enough in their design to actually give a player any serious advantage at roping (maybe except for very flat kbs with significantly lower travel times, I wanna try one of those flat, steel apple kbs)). As long as there is no key lock, everything works and you feel comfortable with the keys, you're good to go.
worm and learn

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 12:20 PM »

Im no expert on kbs but I know they dont vary enough in their design to actually give a player any serious advantage at roping

If you don't believe mechanical keyboards give a great advantage to your roping then chances are, you never tried one.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 12:24 PM »
yeh I didnt try one, I still dont think it would give you any advantage.. I dont see how it would give you a faster time on a ttrr, maybe in warmer it would be give you an advantage but not for a controlled run around an rr map. Its all about what you get used to roping on imo, I understand the signal is faster etc.. but do people who have been roping for the best part of a decade really need faster taps in ttrr or roper? Speed can be still be obtained without super fast taps
worm and learn

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 12:28 PM »
yeh I didnt try one, I still dont think it would give you any advantage.. I dont see how it would give you a faster time on a ttrr, maybe in warmer it would be give you an advantage but not for a controlled run around an rr map. Its all about what you get used to roping on imo, I understand the signal is faster etc.. but do people who have been roping for the best part of a decade really need faster taps in ttrr or roper? Speed can be still be obtained without super fast taps

it's the feeling nail, it allows your timing to improve alot because the keys are so responsive. it's not just about faster taps (which it also gives), it's how responsive it is towards everything you do. You know how many key strokes go to waste in your usb keyboards?
obviously it would take time to get used to a new keyboard but ultimately this gives you an overall improvement.
trust me, I used to use a mechanical one until I broke it, and roping has never been the same for me since then.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 12:30 PM »
I should have bought one of those instead of a tarantula then x(
worm and learn