Forums
May 17, 2024, 07:46 AM

Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Chicken23

Headphones
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Hi

Im thinking of buying some headphones so i can listen to my music when im out and about hopefully from a better quality than my current ear buds that came with my sony ericsson phone.

I was thinking of getting some Skull Candy or WESC ones. Does anyone have any recommendations of what to look for when buying a decent set of headphones, i don't just wanna buy cus of the brand, i want good sound quality but something thats also gonna look decent  ;D

Offline Husk

Re: Headphones
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 02:07 PM »
Porta Pro  ::)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48 PM »
I got a set of sony in-ear headphones, I use them at work, great quality all volumes peak balanced, nice bass midrange and highend.

They are in my locker at work so i'll post later the model name, only about £20 btw.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:17 PM »
nice, thats a bargin, if u can get a photo up that would be cool!

Are they over the ear? On the ear? I don't want anything thats really big, but still stlyish and good quality, i have a feeling getting wesc, skully candy or even the dr dre ones is just buying it for the label and brand!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 12:13 AM »

I bought these last week for £10.97

Very very good sound quality, and they are well beautiful.

IMO in-ear headphones have the best sound quality and comfort for long-term use, plus they don't fall out as much as other headphones.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 09:00 PM »
aww.

im after on the ear :o

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:21 PM »
chikin, I have the bose on-ear ones, they were a gift to me, they work really well and they are really comfortable.  The classic look is really nice as well if thats what you are going for.  

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/on_ear_headphones/index.jsp

Although they are kind of expensive at 170$

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:07 AM »
A friend of mine started a website for headphones; he carries the best of the best.

If you truly want the BEST sound quality, he's the guy to get it from.

His website is:  http://www.soundearphones.com/

I personally have the Seinheiser CX680i's because I work out hard and need something that doesn't wiggle in my ear/fall out while sprinting, or get damaged from sweat.  They're the best earphones I've ever had, sound quality on them is superb for my taste, though Seinheiser has higher quality stuff.

My friend personally uses the Shure SE535's, which I believe are one of the best earphones on the market; but he is an audiophile who also wont listen to music unless they're on Wilson's.  Personally I would never fork over $500 on earphones, but for someone who wants the absolute best quality I guess it's a bargain in comparison to speakers.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 12:40 AM »
beats by dre are also excellent, but those are 300$ my friend has those.  thats a nice website for high end shit shady.  does he get you the stuff he has for wholesale?

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 01:32 AM »
I wish.

I'm not very close with the kid, we met because we have a lot of similar interests - and we stay in touch just over those interests.  Strictly that.  He is really just an acquaintance to me... I met him while I was shopping for a car, as he was also shopping for a similar one.

If I was VERY VERY close with him I'd ask him for a discount, but I am not.  Being in the business I am in, I don't like asking anyone for favors or breaks.  Just like I have my occupation, he has his - and we do what we do to create a living and a means for ourselves; and I'm going to assume he has more expenses than me right now  :P