Forums
April 30, 2024, 10:34 AM

Author Topic: Hello again, chaps.  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Shirdel

Hello again, chaps.
« on: May 03, 2013, 07:01 PM »
God damn, has it been a while. Some of you may know me. Most of you probably hate me, and I can understand why. But here I am, back after about four years, and I've got a lot I want to say.

Well, first off, let me please profusely apologise about my entire behaviour back then. I'll be the first to admit I was utterly, completely stupid, whiny, nonsensical and down-right egotistical. I thought I was 'the man', the big guy who everybody knew and everybody loved. Yeah, looking back, I'm surprised most of you put up with me. I wouldn't put up with me back then.
All those years ago, I was just a kid, no older than eleven, believe it or not. Now I'm fifteen, almost sixteen, and I've learnt a lot about life in general, as well as respect, and I've got a lot more self-consciousness in regards to what I say and do now. I understand how much of an utter prick I was, and I think I've got over most of it now.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but I will say with all certainty that I am nothing like I was before.
The only thing that I'm worse at now than before is Worms itself. I am so damn rusty, you have no idea. I'm also completely ignorant to all of the changes and new features that the great Deadcode and CyberShadow have added, tweaked and introduced over the last few years, so if anyone who can fill me in on what I've missed, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Since I've left Worms, I've gone over to Xbox LIVE for a few years, learnt some stuff, and now I've got two somewhat-successful YouTube channels, Shirdel7221 and NamcoMusicCenter, feel free to check out those if you like.
So, hopefully, I can gain some respect from you guys for the first time, and have some good games.

tl;dr I played Worms, I f@#!ed up, I left for four years, I learnt some shit, I'm back, I'm rustier than HRM's vagina.

Re: Hello again, chaps.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 07:15 PM »
are you come back or just saying hi? ;D

Offline Shirdel

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 07:49 PM »
^

I should be here on and off. Not all of the time, but I'll be around periodically.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 10:55 PM »
Oi, Shirdel. Wormiverse sends kisses! :-\

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Are you me?
Here comes the snow

Offline Shirdel

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:59 AM »
^
Not the last time I checked, no.

Sup Wormiverse.

Offline taner

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 08:15 AM »
JUST IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW.. IM THE NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!!!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 09:41 AM »
who are you?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Welcome back, Shirdel :)
I was reading the first paragraph, thinking "wasn't he 10 or 11 or something at the time? Why is he apologising?" and then I read the next paragraph :D

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 12:06 PM »
Nice to see that you came a long way, judging only by what you just wrote. Don't blame yourself, you were just a child back then.

Everyone's welcome here, so are you and I'd be more than happy to catch you for some games. :)

Offline Worm_gamer

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 04:07 PM »
Hi  ;)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain

[sK`Alien`nlF] speed is like cocaine
[`bfw`pizzasheet] speed is like meth
[sK`Alien`nlF] dunno how meth is
[`bfw`pizzasheet] its like speed
[sK`Alien`nlF] lol

Offline Shirdel

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 07:57 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Good to know there's no hard feelings.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 02:32 PM »
Hello, Shirdel. :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 08:42 PM »
got no idea who you are, OFC i have only been active 6 months out of the last 8 years.  You can add me on XBL if you want there is a few of us wormers that play, novicane, custick, mystikal, okeytokey, wooka, and a few others i cant remember right now.

My XBL tag: IrishBeatdown

Offline SiD

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Shirdel!

So glad I noticed this thread albeit a bit late, and really good to hear from you.
I just wanted to say, I don't think you've got anything to apologise for.
You were fun to play with and smarter as an 11yo than a lot of the people who call themselves adults around here.
I have to say sorry for teasing you back in the days of TuT. Hopefully we can have a game soon.