Forums
May 16, 2024, 05:21 AM

Author Topic: Here is a track I've been doing these last days  (Read 2089 times)

Offline mae

Here is a track I've been doing these last days
« on: August 21, 2011, 04:56 AM »
I would like to comment on the song if they like it or not, or think you hear good or it sucks xD

thanks  ;D

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:32 PM by DJ-M4R10 »

Offline Korydex

Re: Here is a song I've been doing these last days
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 05:06 AM »
Gj (8

Offline mae

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 05:20 AM »

Offline philie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:22 AM »
too relaxed for my taste, but well done.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 10:25 AM »
that's not bad, are those your sounds or just a remix?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline mae

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 03:29 PM »
too relaxed for my taste, but well done.
that's not bad, are those your sounds or just a remix?

ty :)

nope , is not a remix
All sounds are original. I use the fl studio, its a great software  :D

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Mae Mario xD
Cool !
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline mae

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 03:42 PM »
kaleu maeeeeeee!! xD
obrigado :)

Re: Here is a track I've been doing these last days
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 06:54 PM »
I like the melody and the arrangement but some of the instruments are cheesey. It needs more character of its own cos it sounds pretty generic, still good!
worm and learn

Offline mae

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 07:02 PM »
I like the melody and the arrangement but some of the instruments are cheesey. It needs more character of its own cos it sounds pretty generic, still good!

I appreciate your comment. I will take it into account for future tracks, thank you very much dude ;D

Offline CJ

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 07:15 AM »
fruity loops FTW...

nice track man. sounds good
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 07:27 AM »
The production quality is really crisp, so well done there, I dabble with music myself so here is my honest opinion:

The 2 piano sounds you have in the sort of chorus part throughout are really nice and go well together, but all the other stuff sounds too much like it is purely sampled with nothing unique.

The kick/hi hats/clap all lack punch/depth, you should try layering different kicks/hi hats/claps together to create more distinguished and unique sounds, thus creating your own "signature" soundbank, when I produce I normally use 2-3 different kicks carefully monitoring and tweaking there levels/eq/compression until it just sounds right, I do the same with claps and hi hats.

The main lead synth you have is too basic and not too appealing, try layering your leads with different sounds, mess around with the LFO and filter modulation to create a more unique sound, sometimes using a "bit-crusher" can give some synths an edge, also try using some light distortion plugins with the right EQ, also remember compression.

The melodies were nice, if you composed them yourself then good job, although I think you chose the wrong sound for the main lead the melody itself was cool.

Although there is nothing wrong with the percussion loop, it wouldn't hurt to create more exciting loops, use a few other hi hats or other sounds you may like as percussion and create patterns, try putting 1 hi hat slightly to the left speaker and another slightly to the right, this can help define your percussion loop with good compression and give it a good flow in the beat.

Here is the intro for a song I am working on, to give you an idea what I mean about compression/layering kicks/hi hats etc.

And check out the bit crusher I have used for the melody.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsiri7zixfm1ppn

Offline mae

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 03:25 PM »
fruity loops FTW...

nice track man. sounds good

thank you dude :)

The production quality is really crisp, so well done there, I dabble with music myself so here is my honest opinion:

The 2 piano sounds you have in the sort of chorus part throughout are really nice and go well together, but all the other stuff sounds too much like it is purely sampled with nothing unique.

The kick/hi hats/clap all lack punch/depth, you should try layering different kicks/hi hats/claps together to create more distinguished and unique sounds, thus creating your own "signature" soundbank, when I produce I normally use 2-3 different kicks carefully monitoring and tweaking there levels/eq/compression until it just sounds right, I do the same with claps and hi hats.

The main lead synth you have is too basic and not too appealing, try layering your leads with different sounds, mess around with the LFO and filter modulation to create a more unique sound, sometimes using a "bit-crusher" can give some synths an edge, also try using some light distortion plugins with the right EQ, also remember compression.

The melodies were nice, if you composed them yourself then good job, although I think you chose the wrong sound for the main lead the melody itself was cool.

Although there is nothing wrong with the percussion loop, it wouldn't hurt to create more exciting loops, use a few other hi hats or other sounds you may like as percussion and create patterns, try putting 1 hi hat slightly to the left speaker and another slightly to the right, this can help define your percussion loop with good compression and give it a good flow in the beat.

Here is the intro for a song I am working on, to give you an idea what I mean about compression/layering kicks/hi hats etc.

And check out the bit crusher I have used for the melody.

Thanks for your honest opinion komito  :) , you know enough of the subject
truly appreciate your comments and your suggestions.

I do not completely dominate the field, but I can understand what you mean

I have to work harder to improve those details, and learn more about the software, and buy another computer xD, because the computer does not have many resources and it limits me to use certain features of the software.

Nice intro, seems to be a good track/song  :)

Thank you very much  :D . I look forward to your help to solve my doubts.  :)

PD: Sorry for the english. I am not a native english speaker xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 07:12 AM »
I don't mind helping you in anyway I can with knowledge / advice, if there is anything you need, just ask, I will PM you my contact details.

1 thing, in my opinion, that is really really important when producing, get good speakers (active monitors), I am using KRK 5's (G2) I was using 6's but they were too powerful for my apartment so I traded them back and downsized a little.

To explain this as short as possible and briefly, monitors are on a "flat frequency" so you can really listen to all the sounds, imo there is no sound quality better than with these type of speakers for listening also, but that's me.

To get the most processing power when producing, use a PC that is ONLY for music, I found when using the computer for games and other things, it really really slowed it down when adding multiple VST's etc.

All I have on my other PC is Nuendo, Samples, VST's, SoundForge, Reason, nothing else, it works like a dream, and it only cost me £120, and it's perfect for this.

Offline mae

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 07:42 PM »
I don't mind helping you in anyway I can with knowledge / advice, if there is anything you need, just ask, I will PM you my contact details.

1 thing, in my opinion, that is really really important when producing, get good speakers (active monitors), I am using KRK 5's (G2) I was using 6's but they were too powerful for my apartment so I traded them back and downsized a little.

To explain this as short as possible and briefly, monitors are on a "flat frequency" so you can really listen to all the sounds, imo there is no sound quality better than with these type of speakers for listening also, but that's me.

To get the most processing power when producing, use a PC that is ONLY for music, I found when using the computer for games and other things, it really really slowed it down when adding multiple VST's etc.

All I have on my other PC is Nuendo, Samples, VST's, SoundForge, Reason, nothing else, it works like a dream, and it only cost me £120, and it's perfect for this.

thank you dude  :)