Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:42 AM

Author Topic: PangYa  (Read 2662 times)

Offline TheKomodo

PangYa
« on: July 02, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Some of you will remember a free online golf game called Albatross 18, which shut down services some time last year (or year before maybe?) pretty sure last year...

Anyway, I didn't realise that the game is still running, just under a new company/owner, and a new name: PangYa.

It's a turn based golf game with Korean based animated graphics where you play for *Pang* which is the online currency of the game, you can also level up and get access to better equipment, it consists of a normal golf style hit bar, the "3-click" System.

There are different types of play:

Versus - Stroke/Match up to 4 players playing 3/6/9/18 holes with normal rotation, backwards, random or shuffled, in either free for all or team matches, also best way to gain XP.

Tournament - If you play tournaments you gain NO XP (Unless you win) as it's a fast way to win Pang, as everyone plays at the same time, they have time limits, 30/35/40/45 minutes to finish 18 holes, with different prizes for the winners.

Battle, Approach/Pang - There are 2 types of battle here, 1 called Approach which is a contest with 6/20/30 players competing with each other, the game will select a random map and then everyone's ball gets placed at a random spot and you have to get closest to the hole, without actually chipping in, also there are random missions you have to complete so sometimes people have to work together for example, finish on an even distance, or Male players must finish average closer to the hole, or this certain character must do a chip-in etc.  (You win NO XP)

Also you can play a Pang battle which is where you risk your own Pang money against other players, it's been a while since I played this so I can't remember how many players can play, but basically it's whoever wins the hole wins all the pang, and if you lose, well, you lose your pang. (You win NO XP)

One of the things that make the game so interesting is "Power Shots" and Trick shots, I obviously can't show you, or even explain it until you've seen it, but the different type of shots you can use are incredible, you use "Items" to give your player a little boost of power, or so you can curve the ball ridiculously, or even spin it what would normally be an impossible amount, also you have Items that slow the hit bar down, or make the *pangya shot larger and easier to hit, or even an Item to show you what your putt will do if you shoot it where it's aimed where you have it aimed.

*pangya shot - This is when you hit the shot perfectly on the white line

If you should wish to purchase the EVEN better item's and equipment that can help you ALOT if you take the game serious and think you will play it enough, you can use real money (yes, your hard earned cash) and purchase in game "cookies" which is like, a 2nd currency or something, obviously you do not have to do this, but it's seriously worth it for the serious gamer.

Anyway, here are the Links to the servers both USA and EUROPE:

EUROPE: http://pangya.goa.com/

USA: http://pangya.ntreev.net/

For those of you who decide to play my name on there is: dziboi69 if you would like to add me as a friend, I am on the EUROPE server, as is a few other wormers already.

I better mention this: You CANNOT use 1 account for both USA and EUROPE servers, so you have to pick one, it's entirely YOUR choice.

Enjoy! Komo.

Offline darKz

Re: PangYa
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:49 PM »
I actually had PangYa installed until recently. xD

But IMO it's more inactive than WA is..
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 02:01 PM »
What lol? There are ALOT more players on PangYa !

Just gotta join the French channel

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 02:59 PM »
i say : gunbound ftw XDD

But GOA closed the gunbound servers.. I lost hours of game n points =x

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:12 AM »
*Bump*

Some recent news, GOA sold out PangYa EU to a company called Galaxy Games in July 2010, then in November Galaxy Games went into liquidation lol.

However, the US Servers have now opened for the rest of the world as the others also failed, this server is strong and always has been, glad to play there now :)

For anyone interested in playing, because this game is seriously addictive and fun:

http://pangya.ntreev.net/

I hope to see some people playing :)

My name on PangYa is "dziboi"

Offline avirex

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:26 PM »
whoa, and extremely long post by komo...  thats rare! im going to take a screen shot

Offline angus

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 11:53 PM »
whoa, and extremely long post by komo...  thats rare! im going to take a screen shot

zroflmao

Offline beer

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:00 AM »

u must be using sarcasm, do you? Xd

drama queen iz back

Offline nino

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 01:00 AM »

u must be using sarcasm, do you? Xd

u must be using irony do you? xDDDD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 12:37 PM »
Haha Dave, I remember this game !

We had great time on it !  :D

PS: Did they wipe every accounts ?
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 01:17 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately all EU accounts got wiped, have to start over fresh, but it's not too bad, you weren't that high ranked anyway, won't take you long mate if you start again :)