Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:54 PM

Author Topic: Noticable differences in nationalities in online world.  (Read 436 times)

Offline Sensei

Noticable differences in nationalities in online world.
« on: September 17, 2018, 12:11 PM »
I just needed to share with someone.
Talking to dozens random strangers on internet on daily basis. Whenever I do 1v1 Rocket League there's some writing going on. Except when you're playing against French ppl :D

I got to that phase that after few sentences I can guess what nationality is the guy I'm talking to.
It sounds like generalizing but is it really? Polish ppl (no offense) have the worst behaviour I've ever encountered in my life. You can spot a Polish player by his gamestyle already, not to mention when he starts talking.

On the other hand, when you get paired with guy from Netherlands, it's totally different story. Laid back, casual, doesn't give a f@#! about the score or game itself, just around to have some good fun and talk to ppl.

This is not a post I've made up after 2 days of playing online. It's "analysis" based upon 3 years of playing Rocket League basically every day. Interacting with hundreds polish and dutch players. This scenario happens, i can bet my life on it, in at least 95% cases.

How would you explain that contrast between 2 nations divided by ~300 miles? In 21. century!?
Pure coincidence, legal weed.. give me something?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:55 PM by Sensei »

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Noticable differences in nationalities in online world.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 04:15 PM »
I'll say one word: KUUUURRRWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 04:36 PM »
Racist  ::)

:P

But really, it could be prejudice, seeing as how my gut tells me the exact opposite: polish: generally nice, dutch: rude teenage kids. Tho I agree on the French, they keep to themselves or just speak french .. not really pleasant opponents (outside of Worms, where they MUST speak english, then they are nice  :)).

Rocket league convo's are generally shit though, cause of the auto-commands, and.. as I've found out.. chatting is near impossible on consoles. You can type maybe 12 letters while a goal-replay is being played. I can't even type 'f.cking idiot' in time, I have to limit myself to 'fing idio' or something like that  ;D

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 04:42 PM »
and then there's Russians...