Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:01 AM

Author Topic: Planet Khordh  (Read 490 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Planet Khordh
« on: August 17, 2017, 09:52 PM »
Earth is dying, humans are unable to repair the damage caused by our very own existence.

Deep within an enchanted nebula far out in space lies the ancient planet Khordh.

We do not know they exist, but our existence has been known to them since the birth of mankind.

For as long as we have existed, they have been absorbing a unique kind of energy from the mysterious purple sun Mynorh.

This energy gives them the capability to reach Earth.

We can only hope they reach us in time...

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1/komito-planet-khordh

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Planet Khordh
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 07:52 AM »
Earth is dying, humans are unable to repair the damage caused by our very own existence.

Deep within an enchanted nebula far out in space lies the ancient planet Khordh.

We do not know they exist, but our existence has been known to them since the birth of mankind.

For as long as we have existed, they have been absorbing a unique kind of energy from the mysterious purple sun Mynorh.

This energy gives them the capability to reach Earth.

We can only hope they reach us in time...

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1/komito-planet-khordh
best one yet imo

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 04:23 PM »
Top notch production value there, Komo :)
If there's one little bit of constructive criticism that I could give is that it maybe takes a bit too long to get past the basic chords, would've loved to have heard more of that second part.

Keep 'm coming!

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 04:51 PM »
why does it feel like the stereo mixing is awkward as f@#!

no offense btw, it's a great track besides that

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Wow thanks, this is one of my favourite songs i've done, obviously cuz it's about Aliens n space n stuff and has mad stunning chords :D

But honestly I made it so fast(an experiment), so I could go back and make some improvements.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean takes too long to get past the basic chords, it's the same 4 chords throughout the entire song, A Major / F Minor / C Major / C Minor

All i've done is use inversions throughout the entire song to throw the emotion around.

Maybe i've missed what you mean? I'm always looking to improve so if you could be more specific i'll take it on board :)

@STRGRN - I use a VST that comes with Cubase called "mgphaseshifter", it's a great tool for turning mono sounds to stereo without over killing reverb or chorus etc.

I just happen to love how it sounds, my mixdowns are unique, f**k mainstream :D

Thanks you guys :P