Forums
May 14, 2024, 07:03 PM

Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 1890 times)

Offline avirex

Re: TV shows
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 06:46 PM »
bates motel first season was ok... then i lost interest, never watched the second season...

actually tbh... only the very first episode was good, and because of that i watched the entire first season, hoping the rest would compare, never really did though...

the Bonnie and Clyde 2 part movie was cool.....

hmm.... Oz ftw, but thats rather old... weeds too, oldy but goody :D

Offline Prankster

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 07:13 AM »

honestly I have no idea about that, I just simply hated every single character (especially Walter), didn't like the acting, the script, even the picture, the colors seemed ugly to me..

What is it you didn't like about the script? You're not into drugs? No curiosity on that part of society? It makes sense you start hating everything if you don't like the series topic overall. I'd never watch a show like Californication for instance, because I know it's not my thing, regardless of how good it probably is.

I'm not going to judge your ability to rate actors, but I don't see why you feel comfortable dismissing the general public and those who make a living out of rating these kinds of things.

But you speak as if you watched the whole show, and you use the word hate, it really stops making sense for me right there. What kind of person are you? Why are you doing this to yourself?

Just realized they moved this discussion here..

I don't think Breaking Bad was about being into drugs or not.. I've simply found the script unrealistically silly (take Jesse for example), while it seemed to me that it meant to be serious. I'm not dismissing the general public or the opinion of some critics (never read any critiques about it), but this is not science, just because everyone else liked it, I'm not obliged to. I only heard good about the show so I gave it a shot and I didn't like it. I'm not going to bring up arguments because I lack the appropriate instruments to express my thoughts but I think I have the right to dislike the show on my behalf.
Yes, I hated the characters (ok, except maybe for Walter jr and the cop (can't remember his name)), but the show was quite exciting, so I kept watching until season 4, but then I really had enough, I just wanted them to catch Walter and end this shit. I don't really like to leave things unfinished tho..

To add something else to the topic:
I liked Firefly, Band of Brothers, Walking Dead and True Detective. And South Park + Family Guy until they got boring.

Ah, nice to see others mentioned True Detective too, I hope the won't screw it up in the following season(s). MI, tell oby to finally join us in #b2b! :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:18 AM by Prankster »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2014, 07:27 AM »
Ah, nice to see others mentioned True Detective too, I hope the won't screw it up in the following season(s). MI, tell oby to finally join us in #b2b! :)
Don't see how they can top it, seeing as there is no way they will recruit two actors as good as Harrelson and McConaughey.  Show is dead IMO without that star power, it made the show what it was.