Forums
April 26, 2024, 07:09 AM

Author Topic: Video editing  (Read 1388 times)

Offline darKz

Video editing
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Hay guys, I got several questions directed at the video editors in this community. :)

I'm currently watching lots of tutorials about Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects because I wanna make a little WA movie. Now I read the guide on worms2d.info and it says I should use the "MSU Screen Capture Lossless Codec" to encode my raw files in VirtualDub. Since I'm using a 64bit OS I downloaded the 64bit version of VirtualDub, installed that codec and noticed that it's not appearing in the list of available codecs. After some research I found out that I'm gonna need a 64bit codec but I just won't find a decent one..

So my question is:
Does anyone know a decent lossless 64bit video codec? Please don't just google it and throw the first result in, I'd like it if someone actually used the codec and can confirm quality..
Or should I just get the 32bit version of VirtualDub and use that "MSU Screen Capture Lossless Codec"?
And another one: Anyone got a site with decent Sony Vegas Pro tutorials? They seem quite rare. :/

Cheers. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Re: Video editing
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 01:34 PM »
I just export from Vdub uncompressed.  You need lots of hard drive space though ;<  I export from Premiere Pro uncompressed as well.

Then I'm just left with the finished movie as an uncompressed avi which I can convert into whatever.

I'm probably doing it inefficiently but it works for me.

Maybe a backup idea if all else fails on the lossless 64bit video codec.

:<

Offline darKz

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Cheers mate, the only thing which I don't like with uncompressed video is that it's laggy as f@#! when I open it in a video player or play it in the editing software. That's why I'd rather compress it straight away. :<
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 02:32 PM »
Yeah I notice that happens.  I just use the slider under the playback controls to make it play slower so it doesn't lag.  Or export small sections if I like to check how things are looking.  But yeah, not the ideal situation.

:<

Offline franz

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 07:28 PM »
HuffYUV lossless is what I would use. if you have ffdshow, that should be one of the options under compression in VirtualDub.

Just get 32bit VirtualDub

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Any of you use one of these:

Intel IYUV codec
Microsoft RLE
Microsoft Video 1

Tried to follow guide but having a problem with MSU Screen capture codec.
When I download it and try to install, some file can't be copied (it's called SLCS.INF)

Should I just go with uncompressed? Apparently it takes huge portion of disc and I'm gonna do lot of replays for compilation.

Can anyone recommend best way to do this in 2018.? Thx.