Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:05 AM

Author Topic: Weird Paint Shop Pro problem...  (Read 300 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Weird Paint Shop Pro problem...
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:56 PM »
Was wondering if anyone could help me figure out this weird and mysterious problem...

I am working on a map, it's 4480*2088, been working on it for few hours and saved it and closed PSP cuz I wanted a break for some food n stuff, so i've went back to open the file and it says:

"An unknown filter type was encountered."

So I open the file in Windows Paint, copy and paste it, save it again, only for the same thing to happen... By now I start to panic because I don't want to lose the work i've done... So I decide to copy a small part of the map, save that to see if it works, and it did... So then I decide to copy the whole map and save it again, and it worked, which left me thinking, what the heck? It's the exact same bloody thing, why wasn't it saving before...

After some investigation i've realized this is the problem, although I don't understand it.

Below are 2 images of the bottom left corner of the image, i've used a bright colour cyan to show the black WA transparent colour:

When saving the entire map leaving a 1 pixel gap at the left side and on the bottom it works fine:

When saving the entire map leaving NO gap on the left or bottom, I get the problem and the map won't open:

Does anyone know why this is happening? I've saved other maps with the same dimensions and they work fine...