Forums
May 15, 2024, 12:52 PM

Author Topic: worms armageddon image  (Read 3833 times)

Offline twistah

Re: worms armageddon image
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12 PM »
k, everything works so far. except that i get in any rope related game screenlags for 1-2 seconds every now and then in my turns. any ideas?

Offline franz

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 12:08 AM »
lol, whats with ur pc twistah, it's one problem after another.  is it an old pc?

Offline twistah

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 09:00 AM »
nah man. it's actually twice as good as my old one, yet got twice as much problems, haha. i fixed pretty much all problems except those screenlags. they are not that bad, but still annoying. and i notice them in every rope related game. so i think if the frames need to be faster or something it starts to lag. hm?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 09:23 AM »
do these lags come at random? Or are they stable?

If they're random:

start > run > type: msconfig > go to the windows startup tab > disable everything > restart > play worms and check if lag is still there

note that it's not recommended to have all start up programs disabled, it's just so you can identify if it's a process or a background application causing it.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Rok

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Sorry for teh German, was just giving him instructions fyi. :)

It's ZE German, actually  :P

Twistah, Program Files and Program Files (x86) are the same thing, just don't install worms there.

What kind of advice is thsi? He clearly struggles with privileges and windows 7 and you're telling him to install shit outside of Program Files.

sagsadasgfefege

Um, yes. And I'm not the only one, as you can see. Why would that be a problem, you think he couldn't handle it?
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline twistah

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 09:41 AM »
they are pretty stable, ropa. like every 15 seconds or something they come for 1-2 seconds

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59 AM »
they are pretty stable, ropa. like every 15 seconds or something they come for 1-2 seconds

you use a laptop? if they come every 15 seconds it does seem like some process updating in the background or something.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline twistah

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2012, 10:39 AM »
nah, not laptop. now that you mentioned an update.. could be that the windows update caused the problem. there was an update to install for about 2 days, yesterdaay i finally installed it, didn't try worms since then though. so could be that i got no lags now. gotta try when i'm at home later

Offline twistah

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2012, 08:11 PM »
ok, i set the slow frontend workaround to "alternative" now and the roping is just smooth again. i think that had something to do with installing it into the programs folder. cos there both, workaround "off" and "alternative" froze up the main screen, and "on" caused lags". now works fine

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2012, 03:12 AM »
I had a similar problem that was caused from overheating.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline twistah

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2012, 08:21 AM »
ok, don't thhink i got rid of the lags. it's ok in rope games untill you rope faster. always if something fast happens it starts to screenlag. also the falling crates sometimes lag.. weiord stuff

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2012, 09:27 AM »
try lowering your WA resolution
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline twistah

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2012, 09:40 AM »
it's on 1280x1024. dunno if i can get higher, and lower makes no sense. too big everything

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2012, 09:42 AM »
do it and see if it solves your lag
Eat a bag full of dicks.