Forums
April 30, 2024, 07:42 PM

Author Topic: Beta and alpha version of worms-2 or worms-armageddon  (Read 3404 times)

Beta and alpha version of worms-2 or worms-armageddon
« on: November 08, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Hi guys,

see that version of worms2?
Here screen from beta-version worms2. As u see, mines is diffirent. btw many things diffirent. Anybody knows, where allow to get it? Just interesting.

Offline DeimosVdPlas

• Chile Chile
  • Wasa wasa!
    • View Profile
Re: Beta and alpha version of worms-2 or worms-armageddon
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 06:34 PM »
That's pretty interesting, I've seen that image before but never noticed the different mines.
Sadly i don't got any other alpha/beta screenshot of worms 2/armageddon nor any link to download a beta version, i'm not really sure if it's even posible to download that

Offline darKz

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:36 PM »
As for W:A, what we're all playing is the beta version (in W:A's case this kinda means 'stable'). Alpha versions are newly developed updates which are given to some trustworthy people for bugfixing purposes before they're released as the new beta. I don't think you can find alpha versions of W:A freely on the net.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline StepS

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 10:38 PM »
As for W:A, what we're all playing is the beta version (in W:A's case this kinda means 'stable').
it is now officially stable though, not "beta" anymore.
http://worms2d.info/Updates_%28Worms_Armageddon%29

Until 3.7.0.0, they were considered "Beta", due to not having passed Team17's internal quality review.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:40 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Muzer

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 12:02 AM »
Hi guys,

see that version of worms2?
Here screen from beta-version worms2. As u see, mines is diffirent. btw many things diffirent. Anybody knows, where allow to get it? Just interesting.

As far as I know, this was only a back-of-the-box screenshot (from when boxart was often made long before the game was finished). I don't think I've ever seen it in high resolution like that though.

Offline olavnordmann

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 12:51 AM »
That style of timer was at least used in the demo of Worms 2 from 5 September 1997, but the mines in that demo had been changed to their final designs.

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 09:25 AM »
I remember the snow map from worms 2 demo... I'd love to play it again xD where could I find it?

Offline olavnordmann

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 10:34 AM »
I remember the snow map from worms 2 demo... I'd love to play it again xD where could I find it?
That was the october demo, which had the finalized style on the clock.

The first demo had a pirate-themed cave map, and I played the heck out of it in middle-school.

All demos are still available on Team17's ftp server.

Offline Husk

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 01:48 PM »
awesome, I'll check it out =D thanks

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 10:00 PM »
around the time i brought dt back (because i turned on old pc, and found old flags, graves, pics, etc)

i also went onto w2, and w2demo...

on w2, i opened channel (you can make ur own room ) called "cases r" just for old time sake, and sat there all day, i guy name /2appe/2z came in, who was an old w2er, but i dont think he recognized me as avirex, unfortunately, and left b4 i came back from being idle....

however, w2demo was still active (very few players) but it did have a clan on there, forget the name... but it has to be the oldest running clan on worms history...    so husk, if you go on and check it out, let me know if ppl still play ;D and tell me what that clan is.. cant think of it atm.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 11:04 PM »
Cases r as in cases ladder? Cause I was googling some stuff about Worms2 demo after Husk talking about it, and came over the Case's Ladder for Worms2 Demo, Ropers and Bng: http://www.igl.net/browse.php?game=Worms Perhaps you can find the clan you're looking for there avi, atleast it got loads of players and standings stored. No shock to see IBB owning the Hall of Fame of WA, and HHC achieving a winstreak back in August in 2000 :D I love how sites store data for this long, it provides the pleasurement of an orgasme at the size of a sneez, really. HHC, entering this game in 2014, it must be like 15 years since you started playing?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:07 PM by Crazy »

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 01:09 AM »
yeah, worms2demo had its own cases ladder...

it was actually funny, because you only played on 1 map, and it was random placement, with only maybe 5 to 10(tops) different variations of placement... whoever went first was sure to win, if they were skilled...  between knocks, and para, there was a combo to kill all 3 worms ( i believe it was 3v3) in any variation of worms placement.. lol

and cases r, and cases bng were for w2 full version.... if u were a roper, u stayed in cases r, and if you were a bng'er you stayed in cases bng (different channel) they did not mix, the ropers pretty much talked shit about the bng'ers and the vice versa

and crazy: apparently w:a cases never took off.... your saying HHC and IBB owned the ladder, but there was only 20 games played by the most active player ;p

Offline Crazy

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 01:19 AM »
Still, even with just 20 games, IBB managed to own it. He owned everything he touched, obviously

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 03:59 AM »
That's just the WA direct IP ladder that didn't take off, there was also a separate Roper ladder, now not listed anymore, that had loads of activity back in 1999 and 2000... I distinctly remember a FlowingWater frequenting the top 20 of that. :-*

Also aw, the W2 BnG hall of fame doesn't list me as a former #1 for some reason, even though I totally did that (as part of my NRBnG research during the FB days) some time in the mid 00s.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:02 AM by KoreanRedDragon »

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 05:48 AM »
That's just the WA direct IP ladder that didn't take off, there was also a separate Roper ladder, now not listed anymore, that had loads of activity back in 1999 and 2000... I distinctly remember a FlowingWater frequenting the top 20 of that. :-*

Also aw, the W2 BnG hall of fame doesn't list me as a former #1 for some reason, even though I totally did that (as part of my NRBnG research during the FB days) some time in the mid 00s.
Thats because it drops all the non-gold cases ladder members i think.  somethings f@#!ed, im not even on the roperz ladder and i know i played at least 50-100 games.  maybe i just cant figure out how to navigate it.....