Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:11 PM

Author Topic: Worms World Party - How to import custom maps to use  (Read 2159 times)

Offline zlorg92

Worms World Party - How to import custom maps to use
« on: December 03, 2020, 04:04 PM »
Howdy all, I have both the original CD verison of Worms World Party and the new Remastered version on Steam. I used to play WWP all the time way back when it came out, I recall I was able to import some custom maps that I could play online with friends.

If I'm not mistaken you just copy those to the user/import folder, is this correct? I tried that but not seeing them available in the terrain editor, or in the map list when trying to select a level. Note I tried this both with the original CD version install, and the remastered version. I'm probably just missing some step or doing this wrong, or maybe it's not possible?

I couldn't seem to find the proper method for doing this but appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Offline zlorg92

Re: Worms World Party - How to import custom maps to use
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Ah, ok - checking around some more it looks like the maps need to go into C:\Team17\Worms World Party\User\SavedLevels

I downloaded some .BIT maps and those are loading in just fine in both the old CD version, and in WWP Remastered.

So for either version (old or new) is there any possibility of loading in color maps in PNG format or another format?

Offline Korydex

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 06:14 PM »
You can play color maps in WWP offline if you copy *.jpeg to Import. But, you should play Armageddon, it supports color maps online and it has a lot of new features!

Offline zlorg92

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 06:20 PM »
Thanks @Korydex!

I do have Armageddon and love that too. I am currently trying to relive some nostalgia with WWP online with a friend I used to play with all the time, somehow the specific experience with the background sounds and menus of WWP just feels right. One thing I used in WWP way back was the 'Using a weapon doesn't end your turn' option and launching a million mortars, and some other stuff I thought was a little unique to WWP (I think some other mods, I'm having trouble recalling)

Maybe I missed it but does Armageddon offer the 'Using a weapon doesn't end your turn' option? I couldn't seem to find it.

Offline h3oCharles

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 06:34 PM »
Maybe I missed it but does Armageddon offer the 'Using a weapon doesn't end your turn' option? I couldn't seem to find it.
Yes. It was a RubberWorm option before and now it's integrated to default WA scheme format. To unlock extended scheme options screen you have to complete single player, or enter the cheat code in main menu.

Offline zlorg92

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 06:43 PM »
@Korydex well holy shiv that works! I had no clue about the cheat code in the main menu. It took a min but found where all the extended options are for a match, that's pretty awesome.

Also thanks @TheMadCharles for the link to the sound pack there!

Now I can party like its April 6th, 2001 :)

PS. I was a bit excited to get the old CD version actually running and working, and connecting to wormnet and such. Nostalgia is a weird beast, I am still wanting to play the original just for the sake of the permanently embedded set of neurons I've raked WWP online with.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 06:43 PM »
Enter the cheat code in main menu.
"boggysentme" is the code.

Quote from: Korydex
You can play color maps in WWP offline if you copy *.jpeg to Import.
Use .BMP, not .jpeg. Jpeg has artifacts and is horrible for worms - you will get stuck on all the pixels.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 09:28 PM »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 11:59 PM »
Quote from: Kradie
5. Play the game & enjoy ''remastered'' WA aka WAR
LOL you just love making abbreviations of things!  :D ::)

Offline skunk3

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 07:30 AM »
If anyone feels the need to play WWP for whatever reason, they should only play the original. DO NOT bother with the 'remastered' version on Steam. It is a buggy pile of crap.