Forums
April 25, 2024, 04:34 AM

Author Topic: Worms Open Warfare 2 modding is just a tad painful  (Read 651 times)

Offline thesackthing

Worms Open Warfare 2 modding is just a tad painful
« on: November 23, 2021, 07:15 PM »
I've been for the past few weeks been modding this specific Worms game because why not? I was getting into it and then thought "Hey, what if someone tries booting this up on a PSP? I want it to sound different as well!" so there I was going at it, trying to figure out an entire audio format I had no idea about.

I made this portion of a document when I finally got the audio file to "work":

The problem now comes down to actually put it into the game folder itself and for it to work. The thing is, it won't. Don't even bother. You would have to rework something in the game for it to work and it's quite tiring. I might come back to this thread to post more if I do end up finishing this mod or at least get this thing working somehow.
"Yeah I'm a pervert" - one of my friends 2020
All my posts should be read in a british accent for full effect.

Offline StepS

Re: Worms Open Warfare 2 modding is just a tad painful
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 09:05 PM »
I worked with at3 files about 10 years ago. On the PSP you have to change a few bytes in the header or footer with a hex editor, or it will not read (minor difference from the public atrac3 specification). I don't remember what those few bytes were but you may be able to find it on google.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]