Forums
April 26, 2024, 12:52 AM

Author Topic: Roccat Isku  (Read 669 times)

Offline philie

Roccat Isku
« on: May 08, 2016, 09:54 PM »

Keyboard Manufacturer: Roccat
Keyboard Model: Isku
Keyboard Type: Rubberdome
Port Type: USB
Price Range: ~80€

Features:
- Blue LED
- You can rearrange all keys with the driver program
- It has 5 programmable extra keys on the left (which takes a while to not miss-press them when you want to hit ctrl or shift)
- 3 programmable thumb keys below space
- Media keys
- Ability to record makros on the fly (with pressing "rec" on the kb) ... you can save up to 180 makros (try to remember them lol)
- "Roccat Talk": You can somehow connect mouse and kb when you got a roccat kone mouse (which i don't, so dunno)
- 1000 hz polling rate

Keylock Test:
I haven't experienced any keylock, but i did look it up (and tested it): it does not respond, if you press 5 keys that are next to each other at the same time (well, dunno if you ever might need that).

General Thoughts:
I know I should not sound like a fanboy, but it is the best kb i had till now.
i don't like mechanical keyboards, 'cause they wake up my wife when she sleeps on the sofa and I'm playing.. Last good kb i had before was a Razer Arctosa, but it was f@#!ed after someone poured a cocktail over it during a party. Then I got a Razer Arctosa Black Edition, which I thought would be cool. Black lettering on black keys. Well, it was not a good idea.. It seems you can't type good enough.. So I wanted a keyboard with LED. I tried everyone's fav, the Logitech Illuminated, but i must have had vbl with my model cause keys were constantly jamming and starting to break out after only 1 week. There are not much rubberdome led keyboards, so my choice fell to the Roccat Isku, which i got now for like 1,5 years. and am still very confident with it.

Pros:
- Blue LED
- Stable
- Lots of programmable stuff
- The style (but well, you need to like it..)
- Good gaming kb, not just for w:a
- Also has nice typing haptic

Cons:
- Pretty expensive
- For a rubberdome kb it's pretty loud
- After 1 year you can see which keys you use the most, cause the black paint gets off and you can see the transparent key; i got light-holes on down arrow, right arrow and space; my down arrow key looks like a pressable blue led-light lol
- The only keys which have no light are the media-keys :/

Performance: 85/100
Bang for Buck: 65/100

More Stuff:
http://www.roccat.org/en-XX/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/Isku-Series/Isku/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:56 PM by philie »