Forums
May 08, 2024, 09:54 PM

Author Topic: BnG360  (Read 3893 times)

Offline avirex

Re: BnG360
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 04:14 PM »
i don't understand why everyone is trying to stop notching to this extent..  notching is a mechanic of the game, its just an understanding of each individual angle, and how far it will travel.. its no different than understanding how animals will jump, how the kamikaze works, where and how far a worm flies from a dyno/mine..

why do we want to down  play bng, and assume it should be played by instinct, and "feel" when every other scheme is played competitively, and with the knowledge of each weapon and exactly how they work.. 

for example, most people understand homing missile, and can pull off some really impressive shots.. but there are some ppl that just have not put the effort into understanding the mechanic of that weapon, and they don't have an advantage to make full attacks unless the worm is wide open on top... so should we require that people only use 3 seconds or less when positioning the Homings cursor?

i just really don't get it....can anyone explain to me why people are so against notching, think its lame, or think its cheating.. understanding the mechanics of this game is not considered lame in any aspect of this game, infact its encouraged... so why is it frowned upon in bng?

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 05:57 PM »
Curious to know the answer to that too. :-[

From what I've seen, players who refuse to resort to notching have been way too quick to abandon all hope of ever being competitive without using it (much) themselves. Sure some of it can be attributed to laziness, but the situation is similar in other schemes too and in those, dedication is admired...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:00 PM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline Peja

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 08:06 PM »
well avi imo it is because notching gives the perfect excuse not to work on yourself. in any other scheme you could be called lazy, in bng you are noble for not using "legal cheats". its just comfortable, and if you give them a bng scheme totally played by instinct like 360 they miss controll.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 08:31 PM »
360 is purely for fun entertainment on a boring day though, and it isn't totally instinct, it's way too hard to get proper aim, how annoying it would be to miss time and time again because you have to rotate you miss the angle you need by 1/2 parts every single time... Only way I see that working, is throwing rolling nades everytime, otherwise games take far too long and just end up being ridiculously boring.

Offline j0hny

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18 PM »
this looks like russian roulette :D on whom falls on the boom
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline Prankster

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 11:10 PM »
well avi imo it is because notching gives the perfect excuse not to work on yourself. in any other scheme you could be called lazy, in bng you are noble for not using "legal cheats". its just comfortable, and if you give them a bng scheme totally played by instinct like 360 they miss controll.

Not sure if I got you right here, but if you're saying notching is comfortable, you are wrong. It's not like someone gives you the notes, you read it once and start pwning the next day.

I don't really think either of notching/not notching is the ultimate wrong/right method of playing BnG, they are styles, both requires a big amount of dedication if you wanna be good at it.
It's like.. There are introvert and extrovert people, they behave differently, yet you can't say being one is wrong and being the other is right.

Yes, I still like to think it's more noble to play BnG without notching, but because it's possible to be good like that, without becoming a robot (:P), not because notching is lame.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 11:19 PM »
There are 2 main parts to a BnG shot, power/aim, knowing how to notch means having the right aim 100% of your shots & automatically takes out at least 50% - 75% of the skill and talent of BnG, that is why I hate it so much.

It's like people who notch have guns and everyone else has knifes, it's bullshit.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 12:30 AM »
im still playing the game for the fun. seems im wrong on tus .

Offline Husk

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 05:49 AM »
why does it matter if 30 ppl notch in singles/clanner when there are hundreds of players?

rarely do I play a bng against someone who notches O_O

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 08:11 AM »
why does it matter if 30 ppl notch in singles/clanner when there are hundreds of players?

rarely do I play a bng against someone who notches O_O
What is the point of your sig, Husk?  I don't get it.

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 08:48 AM »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 05:28 PM »
I actually didn't intent to show this to replace bng with 360, I thought it was a fun way to play bng. It's not so random as it seems since you can learn at which angle to press to get a certain power at a certain angle. It would have an insane skillcap since it adds another dimension to the scheme to learn.

It's wrong to assume that it would just end up with rolling nades since there is no data to back this up. What's the maximum amount of time someone messed around with this? 10hours? 20? Now let's see how much time our greatest bng players messed around with bng? 1000? 2000? (I suppose even more)

Even in my short playtime I could figure out that a shot starting at 0° gets you around 90° fullpower, so there is room for knowledge and skill without rolling nades. xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 06:30 PM »
Just, no, Kai... No...

Offline j0hny

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 10:58 AM »
I actually didn't intent to show this to replace bng with 360, I thought it was a fun way to play bng. It's not so random as it seems since you can learn at which angle to press to get a certain power at a certain angle. It would have an insane skillcap since it adds another dimension to the scheme to learn.

It's wrong to assume that it would just end up with rolling nades since there is no data to back this up. What's the maximum amount of time someone messed around with this? 10hours? 20? Now let's see how much time our greatest bng players messed around with bng? 1000? 2000? (I suppose even more)

Even in my short playtime I could figure out that a shot starting at 0° gets you around 90° fullpower, so there is room for knowledge and skill without rolling nades. xD
The same thing you can learn from hysteria, loading power from 0° and reaching 90° when the nade start ;)
A strange thing about it is that the power is reduced when it reaches a maximum.
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline Husk

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 05:47 AM »
there's many things to learn in hysteria no1 including myself never even tried