Forums
May 04, 2024, 08:49 AM

Author Topic: Elite  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Rabbzz

Elite
« on: August 03, 2011, 11:06 AM »
I think that chess and the Elite scheme seems to have alot in common. These are quotes off a movie (Revolver) about chess and cons. They seem to fit the scheme quite well.

Rules for Elite:

1. The only way to get smarter, is to play a smarter opponent.

2. The more sophisticated the game, the more sophisticated the opponent.

3. The more control the opponent thinks he has, the less control he actually has.

4. Find the opponent's weakness. Give them just a little of what they think they want so the opponent simply distracts their victim by getting them consumed by their own consumption.

5. Eventually when the opponent is challenged or questioned, means the victim's investment, and thus his intelligence, is questioned. No one can accept that. Not even to themselves
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:10 AM by Rabbit »

Offline Korydex

Re: Elite
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 11:13 AM »
True, but not only elite scheme have much in common with this statements.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:17 AM »
Yea thats true, elite just seems to be the most tactical.

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 04:29 PM »
yep, Elite is awesome. x: I must say that I'm a bit disappointed of how simple some of the turns are tho; Walk to an enemy worm and axe + pile him. While in Intermediate 1 turn could have you moving your worm to safety, using select worm to move a worm that would otherwise end plopped in enemy's turn, rope knock one of your worms to safer hide, make piles of enemy's team using shotgun. And pretty much every turn of the game has somewhat same complexity as this example turn of ours.

While Intermediate has 45secs turntime with 5secs hotseat, Elite has 20secs without any hotseat. The starting positions at the beginning pay a big role of how you are gonna play, and being 1 step ahead of your opponent usually rewards you with a win. Being able to decide and plan in such a short amount of time; Coming up with a nice and smart move, can win you the game, even tho it looks like the opponent is winning.

Elite, I miss you )=

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Yea I really enjoy elite games. I havent played very many though, still learning  :D

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 09:55 AM »
1. The only way to get smarter, is to play a smarter opponent.
Not the only way. You can experiment things by yourself, plan some tactical moves in variety of situations, or you can get equal rival to have fun with. Playing against newbie will make you dumb  ;D

2. The more sophisticated the game, the more sophisticated the opponent.
It is a false statement if you're talking about intelligence of your opponent in general. I think intellect is not qualitative concept but quantitative one. You may play chess really well, but if you're unfamiliar with Elite scheme or Worms game at all, you wouldn't be able to compete. But ofcourse, somehow about 5% of your chess experience will be "transfered" into elite scheme eventually, yeah  :)