Forums
May 12, 2024, 06:21 AM

Author Topic: Elite Maps  (Read 2928 times)

Offline nino

Elite Maps
« on: October 20, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Hey putos, recently i have seen many complaints about my elite maps, which are just random maps with some texture diferent of fruit and sometimes even fruit, then i wonder, whats wrong with this?

Some peoples says that my maps has no hide and stuff, well since i started to play elite, edited maps were no allowed yet in others leagues and i`ve been playing in random maps like this since i started to play, but nowadays all i see is peoples playing in elite maps that seems more be a roper map and always on fruit frui fruit, i have no problem at playing in maps like this even if i rather random one, but on my eyes some peoples that didnot use to elite for long time, things that elite maps must be like this, which is wrong, you can take a look and those edited maps frui fruit fruit almost always goes to SD cos it is almost impossible to get the oponnet so far and hidded, i just wanted to say that theres nothing wrong with the  maps i choose. and peoples who are enjoying to play elite nowaday should give a try too. IMO it uses much more the skill of brain in the game than the skill of hide and nade.

buttkisses for all.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline franz

Re: Elite Maps
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 12:03 AM »
from someone who plays elite a lot, I am noticing this trend.  it seems more and more players today only want huge edited maps with tons of hides.  I understand some prefer this style of map over another, but some of these people actually REFUSE to play any other kind of map.

the argument I hear is that since there aren't as many 'hides' then the team that goes first has too much of an advantage.

Offline nino

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:08 AM »
Ye franz, exactly. It is ok if you dont like the map since you just play in edited maps plus fruit, but refuse to play is enough, then we are sometimes forced to play in these maps  = /

Offline franz

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:19 AM »
well this problem does not happen a lot.  I actually can only think of 1 player that constantly refuses to play a normal map.  that's lalo from cfc, and whoever else from cfc that thinks like lalo ;p

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:33 AM »
I have experienced people who refuse edited maps, too.
By the way, Forest is the best texture (not -Forest). PERIOD
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline nino

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 12:41 AM »
well i think theres no best texture shy, it is like ass, each one has yours, and ye lalo, dev dulek and some others already complaint about my maps, no hard feeling guys, just saying. buttkissses.

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 01:09 AM »
i like nino's maps... it comes down to skill, and not some lucky bouncy nades in these maps that have about 8-12 crazy lil top hides...  if we wanna bng, go play with komo lol.. but if wanna elite.. lets get some random generated maps.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 07:18 AM »
The only reason people even BnG in Elite is if they have no other option of a shot because they have to keep a hide, or they didn't think of a good idea in time or waiting for SD lol.

I personally don't like nino's maps, no offence nino <3 because I honestly do feel that the 1st team DOES have a big advantage, and don't say I don't know about Elite, because I do, i've watched a countless amount of Elite clanners, I might not know about some techniques people use but I have seen enough to know that on maps like nino's the 1st player does have a huge advantage if they don't do anything stupid, and cfc vs mm in Elite, this is a very skilled Elite game, or should be, so the 1st team I see no way there shouldn't be advantage for them.

However, I think nino's Elite maps would make great Hysteria maps :)

Offline nino

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:16 AM »
ok komo i respect your opnion, ill just look for some murder in scotland to have a talk to you np. heuheu

but serious, my maps are nothing more nothing less that random maps with diferent texture than fruit sometimes, well in my eyes the 1st player always has a lil advantage even in roper elite maps fruit. thats the cool thing of elite the 1st player in my maps has some advantage, use your brain to take it out, i lost the count of how many games i already won vs skilled played in maps like mine where the opponent started, and also lost a lot of games where i started 1st, so for me theres not really a big advantage for who start.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 03:48 PM »
I agree with you nino, elite`s should be played with pretty much all kind of texture, and also not just those enourmous, bng-hide maps. You have to use your brain more to turn the game around playing on the maps you host, which maybe is why players like Dulek and devilage complaint about it. We also had a debate about elite maps on TUS, where Liberty was really frustrated that no one played elite on cavern maps anymore (I think that`s a lost case though lol, because NO one does that anymore).

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 04:47 PM »
You have to use your brain more to turn the game around playing on the maps you host, which maybe is why players like Dulek and devilage complaint about it.

Thanks, that's very kind of you, Crazy.

As I said to nino earlier, I'm not moaning about every unedited map since simply not every is playable - too open, too low, I don't find 5min elites interesting.

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 05:14 PM »
i dont find elites that go to SD each time, and the better hide wins interesting though... that to me is silly... im sick of SD deciding games, just because there is 1,000 hides.

but, thats just my opinion... whoever hosts is able to put whatever map they like.

Offline nino

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 07:34 PM »
As I said to nino earlier, I'm not moaning about every unedited map since simply not every is playable - too open, too low, I don't find 5min elites interesting.

dulek to play an elite and win/lose in 5 min must be a game where one player is very skilled and other is very low skilled, like used to happen when avi started to play some elites with me huehue, it is really hard to happen doesnot matter the kind of map..it is much more relationed with the player. but in elite roper fruit maps, it is almost sure go to SD cos even a very skilled player cant get a noob or something ... must w8 for sd to gg.

Offline SPW

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 07:38 PM »
Maps must be various, that makes it more interesting for more matches. Its like football, sometimes you have to play in the rain on wet grass, sometimes terrain is very dry and temperatures over 30 degrees. Sometimes it need overtime, sometimes after 90' its already 4-0 for team A.

A good elite player can play every map. :]

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 07:47 PM »
dulek to play an elite and win/lose in 5 min must be a game where one player is very skilled and other is very low skilled, like used to happen when avi started to play some elites with me huehue, it is really hard to happen doesnot matter the kind of map..it is much more relationed with the player.

5 minutes might be too low but still you would have rather a quick game. And no, saying quick games are only when one player is pro and the other is a total noob is bullshit.

but in elite roper fruit maps, it is almost sure go to SD cos even a very skilled player cant get a noob or something ... must w8 for sd to gg.

I'm always trying to use different terrians so it doesn't concern me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:52 PM by Dulek »