Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:37 AM

Poll

What do you like most? Land based schemes OR Rope based schemes?

Land schemes
2 (16.7%)
Rope schemes
3 (25%)
Both (Only if you like them equally as much).
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Land Schemes OR Rope Schemes?  (Read 995 times)

Offline Kradie

Land Schemes OR Rope Schemes?
« on: January 06, 2020, 02:46 PM »
So there is a intermediate cup hosted by TOMT, and so far at this time 25 people have joined. This got me thinking ''What do you enjoy playing the most? Is it land scheme such as normal, elite, bng, hysteria etc? Or roper, shopper, wxw, big rr, etc? And why

For me, I prefer rope based scheme because it is fast and fun. Land schemes tend to be slow paced and tedious. Although the latter does not always have to be true. Elite is fun, but Intermediate is slow and dull (Subjectively). Hysteria is fast and frantic and I like that, but can be boring at the end. Then again, land was never my number one choice.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Saint

Re: Land Schemes OR Rope Schemes?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 03:34 PM »
I like earth schemes better, I always feel confident here, I always stand on the ground, and nothing bad can happen.I agree that elite is fun, but I can't say the same about an intermediate where you can't get bored....you must constantly strain your mind not to make a mistake and make a good move.I can say about the rope that it is always unpredictable for me, I do not know when I will fall, I always worry, if I fell at least 1 time, then I am the last, for example, in the race,I do not understand how it can be trained, I play different cards many times, but I don't notice that I get better .when I play intermediate I always find myself in different difficult situations,and I always know how i will behave the next time I find myself in it again,and the most important thing is that I play because I have to think here,and when I play rope, my brain just sleeps ...

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 07:56 AM »
I prefer rope based scheme because it is fast and fun
Yet Shopper exists. Think you've generalizing things too much.

I can't say the same about an intermediate where you can't get bored
The scheme where half the games between players of similar skill level are decided by auto worm placement and turn order, and the other half by whoever fails first? Yeah how can it possibly be boring to continue playing something you've already lost for 20m?! Then there's the tactic of using up all 45s of turn time just for Sudden Death, even if 10s were more than enough to reach the position for the shot. And girdering and teleporting only to delay the inevitable.

I play different cards
Not enough Google Translate proof-reading.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 03:55 PM »
I prefer rope based scheme because it is fast and fun
Yet Shopper exists. Think you've generalizing things too much.
How am I generalizing? I was curious to see what people like the most out of the two, rope based scheme or land based schemes. Should my curiosity be denied? Should people stop making surveys? Should people stop partaking in surveys? Should we not ask what people like? Should we stop making conversation? My intent was not to divide people, cause a big uproar with pitchforks etc. I was only curious to see what everyone likes more. Worms Armageddon is basically rope or land, and I find myself playing rope schemes more. Many other don't play rope modes at all, and that's totally fine., I got nothing against that. If someone likes normal schemes more, vote that, but if someone find themselves roping more, vote for rope.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 06:32 PM »
Default Overall: 2,769 singles, 439 clanners
Rope Overall: 1,776 singles, 280 clanners
That's all you need to know, you can check Classic stats too

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 07:19 PM »
Default Overall: 2,769 singles, 439 clanners
Rope Overall: 1,776 singles, 280 clanners
That's all you need to know, you can check Classic stats too

Impressive, thanks for sharing Korman.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 07:37 PM »
How am I generalizing?
By calling a gameplay-diverse group of schemes fast for the sole fact they're based around the rope. Shopper plays pretty slowly, Trick Race and the likes can take a lot of tries to progress for non-top players...

Should my curiosity be denied? Should people stop making surveys? Should people stop partaking in surveys? Should we not ask what people like? Should we stop making conversation? My intent was not to divide people, cause a big uproar with pitchforks etc.
What even... why all of that. Sounds paranoidal.

Not getting the relevance of those statistics either, they only represent a few chosen schemes, ofc not equally. Am I not understanding the main question of the topic? Would "I prefer land schemes simply because of Elite" (for example) count as a valid answer, even though it only really talks about one scheme?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Kradie

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 08:07 PM »
Most people with common sense will know the difference between land based game modes and rope based game modes. A rope based scheme resolves around the handling of the rope and its various techniques it allows player to use. While on land based schemes, rope doesn't have a dominating factor, but rope can be used in many ways in Intermediate, but it doesn't make it a roping scheme. Anyone should know this, even you.

Again, I am not generalizing, it is fantasy on your end. To me, rope schemes feels faster, but we perceives things differentlyt and it is interesting to see other people's point of view.

Do you not understand the question of this topic? Try my little friend. Do you enjoy the following land schemes: Intermediate, Elite, BnG, Hysteria, & Aerial more than; Shopper, Roper, TTRR, and WxW?

Sure one can argue: Well I like TTRR but I don't like other rope schemes. Then you are more favoring land based scheme.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 09:03 PM »
Most people with common sense will know the difference between land based game modes and rope based game modes.
Looks like you lack common sense, because Shopper isn't a rope scheme :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 09:25 PM »
Most people with common sense will know the difference between land based game modes and rope based game modes.
Looks like you lack common sense, because Shopper isn't a rope scheme :)
I disagree, shopper is a rope based scheme. Here is why: You require rope majority of the time to traverse to A to B. To pile, to attack, and to hide. Then again, there are weapons that forces you to attack from the ground, just like in WxW.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 09:52 PM »
Here is why: You require rope majority of the time to traverse to A to B.
You are talking about roper or wxw here. In shopper the player who can use weapons better and plop opponents worms wins. Original shopper didn't even have AFR rule. Amount of shopper maps where roping plays a huge role is fairly small.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 10:15 PM »
Here is why: You require rope majority of the time to traverse to A to B.
You are talking about roper or wxw here. In shopper the player who can use weapons better and plop opponents worms wins. Original shopper didn't even have AFR rule. Amount of shopper maps where roping plays a huge role is fairly small.
No, I was talking about Shopper. Most of the time you need rope to get to A to B. A = Crate and B = Player(s).

Rope plays a big role though. Time is 30s, so it is obviously an entry level for roping. Although, I am not disputing it isn't a scheme of skills in other areas.

Team17 scheme is closer to land scheme than Shopper (Which imo is rope-based-mode).

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 11:26 PM »
BnG

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 01:30 PM »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 02:09 PM »
BnG

He's alive. Lock the thread
Can you explain to us why this thread needs to be locked?

Also, there's nothing symbolic about Mr Walrus comment. BnG is indeed a land scheme.