Forums
May 15, 2024, 05:59 PM

Author Topic: Question about TTRR rules  (Read 1802 times)

Offline hsletouriste

Question about TTRR rules
« on: October 10, 2014, 11:52 PM »
Hi,
is it true that we should round the best time to the unit, I mean if one player did 67.3s and the other one 67.2s, we only consider 67s as the best time and the game is draw ?
Thanks,

HS

Offline Kaleu

Re: Question about TTRR rules
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 12:49 AM »
Yes, unless both players agree before start.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:57 AM »
Yeah, why hasn't this been fixed btw??

If 1 player does 44.58 and the other does 44.56, then the player with 44.56 should win...

^^ Most dumb thing ever NOT to allow this...

Offline ANO

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:26 AM »
Yeah, why hasn't this been fixed btw??

If 1 player does 44.58 and the other does 44.56, then the player with 44.56 should win...

^^ Most dumb thing ever NOT to allow this...

true.
it's a race. it should be like that... if you look at ttrr challenges you can understand how much afford it takes ti improve even of 0.2
But in leagues, 45.0 is = 45.99... it's something that should be changed, I ve never  understood why we have never fixed this.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 08:13 AM »
I ve never  understood why we have never fixed this.

As far as I know, it's because a few players(ones who have the respect of those who make decisions around here) think it's more "fun" to have a draw in TTRR and play again.

This was discussed before and I was called a troll or something for pointing it out and standing up for what I believe in lol.

I can't be bothered looking for the thread but I remember saying something similar to:

"Sure, by TuS rules 50.68 vs 50.62 is a draw, but in the reality of the universe 50.62 won and that's what should count, period."

Offline ANO

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 09:35 AM »
Yeah so basically, they don't change the rule because, it's more fun to draw when you actually won, then lose the follow-up game.

What's actually really wrong about this, if you think about it lol:

Round 1:

Player A - 44.90
Player B - 44.02

Draw

Round 2:

Player A - 44.76
Player B - 44.26

Draw

Round 3:

Player A - 44.98
Player B - 44.42

Draw

Round 4:

Player A - 44.60
Player B - 44.10

Draw

Round 5:

Player A - 44.98
Player B - 45.00

Draw

Now although this scenario is rare, there has been League matches with several draws before a winner has been decided, the point is, even though Player B was overally 3.22 seconds faster during the whole gameset(quite a big margin for pros) he lost because of a flaw in the game rules(a loophole, if you will).

You really want to allow this?

Offline hsletouriste

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 10:11 AM »
OK thanks.
So 45.51 would win over 45.49 and 45.49 VS 44.51 would be draw ??
That's not that fair then...unless you say that you need more than 1 s of difference between players to get a winner.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 10:17 AM »
OK thanks.
So 45.51 would win over 45.49 and 45.49 VS 44.51 would be draw ??
That's not that fair then...unless you say that you need more than 1 s of difference between players to get a winner.

No, for starters, you can't get odd MS it's all even like 00.02 / 00.04 / 00.06, and so on...

If you could get odd numbers - 44.51 would beat 45.49 and 45.51 would be a draw with 45.59.

^^ With current TuS rules.

This rule DOES NOT APPLY when playing funners online, if you win, you win ;)

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 10:46 PM »
its even more ridiculous when you consider 2v2 games... not sure if anyone checked the links ANO provided...

im sure there has been several occasions of this before but one in particular me and mablak played a 2v2 ttrr....  and i cant remember the exact times, or care to go back and look so lets just use examples....

Mablak- 40.10  and avirex 45.10    TOTAL: 85.20

vs.

someone- 41.90 and someone else- 43.90   TOTAL: 85.80

so, me and mablak actually had a faster total time, but lost due to default TUS rules.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 11:02 PM »
Agreed with Avi.

Especially in clanners, we should use exact times (or as close to, which is to the nearest 0.02s)

Would be good to see "photo finishes" by checking replays too!

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 12:54 AM »
in 1v1 i dont really think its needed to be exact, sometimes ties are fun, but as komo pointed out, it can get annoying... so i can see where some people might like to be exact, im pretty sure TUS allows it if both sides agree...

but in 2v2 it should be mandatory to check times to the hundredths of a second for the very reason i pointed out... its pretty ridiculous to have a faster collective time as a team, yet still lose in some cases.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Komo, round 5 is draw? It is a win for player A.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 10:22 AM »

it's about drawing the line

the replay is more precise, but so is an external chronometer that gives more digits

however, it takes no effort to check the replay after a draw, in the few instances this happens
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.