Forums
May 06, 2024, 04:59 PM

Author Topic: TUS MoleShopper Scheme  (Read 1147 times)

TUS MoleShopper Scheme
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:40 AM »
Hi all !

Now TUS Mole Shopper havent random placements, maybe set it?

It`s bug ?

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: TUS MoleShopper Scheme
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 05:41 AM »
I'm not familiar with moleshopper much, it must have random placements like Hysteria?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:53 AM »
I play 3 years in a moleshopper and always randomny arrangements, but imagine that it for game, when all 4 worms above or arrangement - 2 worms in one hole.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 08:27 AM »
I think he's trying to say, set the scheme to random placements, otherwise people will just place on the roof of the map.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 08:38 AM »
I've played Mole and people select top hides 1 by 1 which mostly result in a fair placements. But I'm not expert in Mole, anyone else think they must be random? SPW?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 10:58 AM »
simply I wanted to tell in this post that game if worms stand casually was always more interesting and more fair, on WO not only I hosted a moleshopper, and too noticed that always the scheme with randomny arrangement of worms

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 11:09 AM »

Moleshoppers exist because of random placements.

Back in the day, the only way to make a mole shopper map was to fill everything with paint. Thanks to random placements (and starting girders) holes in the map were made. If you didn't have random placements, many less holes would be generated.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 01:43 PM »
Ok removed the teleport.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 01:52 PM »
Oh, it was me who has submitted Mole Shopper scheme for TUS some 4 years ago, I'm the one to be hanged now! ;x
My excuse:
Considering Moles a tactic-based scheme that is played on specific maps, imo starting positions can be crucial to the outcome of the game. Everyone who plays Moles, knows how important it is to be higher in the map. If not because to be able to walk on roof and get to the any part of map easily, then it's because SD will certainly come and you want your worms to be higher. Now, if random placement put 4 of your worms at the bottom of the map and 4 of enemy worms on the top of the map, it's already a big disadvantage to you. Manual placement is there to reduce that luck factor and give the players most fair staring positions.

I think he's trying to say, set the scheme to random placements, otherwise people will just place on the roof of the map.
Worms can't be placed on a roof, rules says: "- At the start each worm must be placed in a hole (only 1 worm per hole is allowed)."

Now, I ain't sure I've understood Dmitry here:
I play 3 years in a moleshopper and always randomny arrangements, but imagine that it for game, when all 4 worms above or arrangement - 2 worms in one hole.
Did someone placed his 4 worms on the roof or someone has piled 2 worms in the same hole, not sure.. But either way that would be against the rule I've mentioned above.

Moleshoppers exist because of random placements.
Back in the day, the only way to make a mole shopper map was to fill everything with paint. Thanks to random placements (and starting girders) holes in the map were made. If you didn't have random placements, many less holes would be generated.

Yeah, people still make Mole maps like that, they fill it whole with the paint, it's the simplest and best Mole maps anyway..
Dunno how it was 12 years ago, but for the last 6 years if you fill the whole map with the paint it would always generate 18 random holes in it, no matter if the scheme is set on manual or random placements.
"- Only standard size (1920x696 px) mole maps with 18 holes are allowed. Map should not have roof border or edge border."

Btw, I believe that this scheme can be better and more balanced with the tweaking of crates possibilities and power levels for some weapons, rather than changing manual to random placements. Can't have less luck factor and more fair start then with manual placements, can you?

Edit:
Ok removed the teleport.
Why? It's against any logic..

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 02:08 PM »
The matter is that a casual arrangement of worms, I consider, on the contrary leads to more fair play. After all the coma is interesting for playing, if all worms settle down in the top holes of the card. And in this case advantage remains for that player who does the first turn.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 02:18 PM »
If you want to play a mole shopper in a proper way check this one out: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-719/
It was used in a mole shopper private cup and worked like gold.

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 02:24 PM »
I don't want anything bad to tell about the existing scheme, but also on TUS site warg loaded other version of the scheme, it is more balanced on force of the weapon.

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-98/

in it there is no powerful weapon on force.