Forums
April 16, 2024, 06:35 PM

Author Topic: Shopper - Mad cow from rope - break of AFR?  (Read 823 times)

Offline krzysiobal

Shopper - Mad cow from rope - break of AFR?
« on: March 29, 2021, 10:58 PM »
When being on rope, I released one cow, then quickly stepped to ground, turned around and released second cow in opposite direction. Is that breaking AFR rule?

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Shopper - Mad cow from rope - break of AFR?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Good question, I don't remember this specific circumstance coming up before.

I'm trying to think of things to compare it to, the only thing I can think of right now is if you play KTL(Kill The Leader), or ABL(Anyone But Last)it's ok to attack a worm that isn't leader or the last team as long as you also attack the leader or other team during the same turn. Although that's not really a league thing.

I think it would be ok to do what you done since you started your attack while on the rope, it's actually clever what you done, as by the rule you did attack from rope since your attack started from being attached with the rope.

The main reason i'd be ok with this is i've seen many other situations over the years where you begin your attack from the rope but your worm lands before the weapon actually hits.

You are allowed to knock worms, which is attacking from rope, yet not attached while actually hitting the worm.

You can throw a grenade then hide before it lands and hits, or, you can throw a grenade then alter it's course by throwing yourself into it.

These are allowed so I see no reason to object to what you done, pretty sure I could come up with a lot more examples if it wasn't 7:15am and i'm getting ready for bed lol.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 08:15 AM »
I think it doesn't violate AFR because you threw the first cow off the rope.

But there is a grain of doubt here. Logically, this is a violation AFR.
Because in fact you attacked others with the next cows from the ground.

While I was writing this, it is still reasonable to believe that this is a violation of the AFR.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 04:23 PM »
I don't think that's forbidden, because you began your attack while you still were attached to the rope. I think this situation is similar to when people release a supersheep, then drop to the ground, then finish the attack while the worm isn't attached to a rope anymore. You are attacking from the ground, but you didn't start the attacking move itself from there.

Imo AFR rule is kind of silly, it's just there as a gatekeeper.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 06:29 PM »
Agreed, logically it's still within the rules, also after checking the dictionary.com:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/from?s=t

The very first description is - "(used to specify a starting point in spatial movement):"

So by the very definition, yes, it's allowed.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 07:01 PM »
Attack From Rope (AFR) is pretty self-explanatory, so how on earth can you justify a follow up attack on ground?

If rules were Attack From Rope And Ground (AFRAG), that would make more sense.

Sure I can see the benefits of a follow up attack on ground, but I don't think it makes much sense when there is AFR.

That's just my thought on it.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 08:31 PM »
I prefer shopper with no AFR and no unlimited zooks, but that's just me.

I'd class this attack as legal. You could do similar things with old woman if you wanted to land after release and then get in front of the old women to make it turn after release.