Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:09 PM

Author Topic: TimeTrial SuperSheepRace  (Read 1825 times)

TimeTrial SuperSheepRace
« on: March 11, 2013, 06:59 PM »
First of all, its ProjectX scheme.
How it can be time trial? Easely, if u have SuperSheep speed control. Since now - u have it.
Holding Ctrl or DownArrow will slow down SS speed. Holding Shift or UpArrow will speed up your sheep. It works while those keys are holded.

This will allow slow down in hard places and speed up at long easy paths, also will make fly time different all the time, which will make able to use in TTSSR.

This scheme isn`t mine idea, its a result of offtop discussing into this topic: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/sx-public-forum/our-cool-replays-19851/
So probably its Statik`s idea. I just made it possible with ProjectX.

For TUS this might be interesting for challenges. Or maybe not :) All up to you, guys.

Re: TimeTrial SuperSheepRace
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:03 PM »
you are da true tzarr pyro

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:11 PM »
wanted to download PX from this site, but it gets deleted by mighty Kaspersky antivitus :<

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:32 PM »
wanted to download PX from this site, but it gets deleted by mighty Kaspersky antivitus :<
Well i`m not surprised, because as i understand, px module get access into wa.exe and its libs :) Kaspersky probably understand that as some hacking program.
Adding downloaded archive into antivirus`s exception list can solve the problem. If can`t download - disabling firewall for period of downloading will also work.

Anyway, my Nod32 doesn`t block it, just tested.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:49 PM »
PX doesn't work with the latest WA version? I don't want to switch between versions again :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:56 PM »
PX doesn't work with the latest WA version? I don't want to switch between versions again :D
yeah its for 3.6.31 only. Damn Entuser is inactive for ages :D
I have Portable worms battle pack with px installed there. Works without any installation, usefull for second worms with px :) i can link u in pm, if u want. Its a WA BattlePack from worms org ua, just with px and wormkit.

Offline SlaxHound

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 10:28 PM »
gj Pyro!!! looks like Statik asked the right question  ;D so we got a improved super sheep  :D
Curious how cueshark will react on this  ;D

Offline StepS

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 02:02 PM »
heh, i knew it would be just changing position, because a while ago I tried to make a native slowdown but failed. all i did was speed up the sheep, but only to one value, and can't slow down. that's because the sheep is IsStatic by default, its speed is controlled by the game. if you disable this then sheep will be affected by gravity and also by wind if it has a windfactor
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 04:47 PM »
heh, i knew it would be just changing position, because a while ago I tried to make a native slowdown but failed. all i did was speed up the sheep, but only to one value, and can't slow down. that's because the sheep is IsStatic by default, its speed is controlled by the game. if you disable this then sheep will be affected by gravity and also by wind if it has a windfactor
interesting thoughs. This makes me feel, that there is another way to control its speed. We can make it IsStatic = false, but also we can disable gravity and wind factor. In that case SpX and SpY control can probably work. I found that default speed of SS is exactly 8.0 pixels per frame. Based on this value, we can script our own new SS with same or improved physics.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 10:33 PM »
Love the concept but how can you play time trial when the timer disappears when you use the sheep?

Or am I missing something?

Nice work mate.

Offline Masta

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 08:01 AM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:35 PM by Masta »

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Love the concept but how can you play time trial when the timer disappears when you use the sheep?

Or am I missing something?

Nice work mate.

Thanks.
It`s a concept. Which is not that widely popular, apparently.
With projectX its not that really hard to make time counters for each player, that activates when super sheep launched (or dropped).
This will make able to catch exact time of using SuperSheep with no need to watch replays and see every single frames. Its all can be displayed all the time, as a small table on screen.