Forums
April 27, 2024, 12:15 PM

Author Topic: Trying to make intermediate variation - maybe something similar exists?  (Read 813 times)

Offline jattaman

Hello
I'm trying to make intermediate scheme, that avoids water killing at the begining. I find it to be a bit boring and sometimes a bit unfair for team that got a team almost wiped out instantly  :D. I want to achieve this without worm placement.
I also want less mobility(to make throwing/bazzoka and positioning a bit more important), like in Pro or Elite and try to make weapons balanced.

I'm not very experienced in the game. Is there a intermediate clone already that has some of these aims? I found freemediate so far, it has good idea on how to cover your worms.

Offline h3oCharles

cavern maps...?

Offline MonkeyIsland

I agree with Charles on that. I think Cavern maps kinda solves your problem. It reduces the plops at the beginning of the game and there is less mobility.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline jattaman

I'm not sure about the mobility part, you can get around quickly, unless it's the "2-lines" cave variety.

I prefer islands anyway, but thanks for suggestion.

Offline MonkeyIsland

In Cavern maps, lot of worms get trapped in some parts. That's what I meant about less mobility.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline KinslayeR

Thats why we play it bo3/bo5?   and also cavern maps? 
Dont worry bro, there was much smarter ppl than u thinking how to solve  this and...  they did not.

Just play it bo3 or if  u still feel that is is "lucky"  play it bo100

Offline jattaman

Thats why we play it bo3/bo5?   and also cavern maps? 
Dont worry bro, there was much smarter ppl than u thinking how to solve  this and...  they did not.

Just play it bo3 or if  u still feel that is is "lucky"  play it bo100

Didn't freemediate fix the luck factor somehow?

Offline MonkeyIsland

The NNN luckless intermediate scheme is so popular and accepted within the community to the point that any attempt that tries to "fix" it inevitably creates a new variation. (instead of replacing it)

Offline Kaleu

Hello. I am the author of Freemediate. Thanks for testing and mentioning the scheme!
Yes, this scheme aims to remove unfair placements at the beginning of the game, so that the match is more dynamic and multitasking, in this scheme you control a team and not a single worm.
However, this scheme is not intended to replace Intermediate, I hope you have a good time playing it.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓