Forums
May 23, 2024, 03:42 AM

Author Topic: Welcome to Ryan in TdC  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Welcome to Ryan in TdC
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 09:51 AM »
Hey Ninja.

Been using Tapometer to test which keys are OK for arrows.
So far, num keys 8, 4, 5, 6 are better with only 1 direction for keylock.

The keyboard is great for typing though. (The touchpad made typing difficult on the laptop)

Just waiting for W:A now!

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 09:56 AM »
 ah kool. jaja camelo will be in ag at night!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2011, 10:08 AM »
ryan i use numpad 1235 and right shift and I have no keylocks at all, you could try since right shift is what makes it possible for you to avoid keylocks (shift tends to offer no keylock on KB's since it's assumed you're going to be using it as a combo with other keys, as opposed to space).

it takes very little go get used to, and right shift offers great tapping results in many keyboard

i aslo recommend to change numepad 0 to F8, this will make the setup much more effective but it will take a few games to get used to.

edit: if you're going to buy one search for microsoft internet keyboard pro, and if you can find it BUY IT. it's one of the easier to find PRO ROPING keyboards out there. No keylocks at all. The spacebar is crazy and you can reach max tap speed using any technique, thumb, fr, regular tapping...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:09 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Awesome ropa, and hi btw.

The only scheme that is going to be a problem is Roper.
Using the left hand to hit F1 or F2, hitting enter then roping awa sounds difficult with any key-changing!

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2011, 10:12 AM »
use 4,5,6 for that :p

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Awesome ropa, and hi btw.

The only scheme that is going to be a problem is Roper.
Using the left hand to hit F1 or F2, hitting enter then roping awa sounds difficult with any key-changing!

I use 4 for mine, 6 for nade and 8 for zook.

but I still find myself trying to reach the F keys at times which is counter-productive

i do believe that if i get used to it then it will be much more effective than regular roping layout. the thing is, it's all about having your brain react in a way that per example, if you need a quick zook, depending on what type of rope swing you need to hit, it will be a different finger pressing 8, that way you use the remaining fingers to give power to the swing of the rope and hit.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:48 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 12:28 PM »
ryan i use numpad 1235 and right shift and I have no keylocks at all, you could try since right shift is what makes it possible for you to avoid keylocks (shift tends to offer no keylock on KB's since it's assumed you're going to be using it as a combo with other keys, as opposed to space).

it takes very little go get used to, and right shift offers great tapping results in many keyboard

i aslo recommend to change numepad 0 to F8, this will make the setup much more effective but it will take a few games to get used to.

edit: if you're going to buy one search for microsoft internet keyboard pro, and if you can find it BUY IT. it's one of the easier to find PRO ROPING keyboards out there. No keylocks at all. The spacebar is crazy and you can reach max tap speed using any technique, thumb, fr, regular tapping...
my old keyboard looked like that kb you talking about ropa.  It was an HP, no keylock, space like a dream.  My dell shit is f@#!ing cheap, locked up like crazy, the tab key stopped working, blah, blah

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2011, 12:44 PM »

my old keyboard looked like that kb you talking about ropa.  It was an HP, no keylock, space like a dream.  My dell shit is f@#!ing cheap, locked up like crazy, the tab key stopped working, blah, blah

I had that HP you're talking about heh. After I broke my mechanical IBM :(

Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 11:06 PM »
Old kbs = dass ist prima!!! Really, an old kb for an old game is the way to go