Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:40 PM

Author Topic: cut and reset  (Read 1717 times)

cut and reset
« on: June 16, 2019, 05:37 AM »

I have a problem, sometimes during the game (less often) or when watching replays (much more often) playing jams I can not do anything and the only option is to reset the computer? Any ideas in advance thanks (windows 10)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: cut and reset
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Might be hardware related. Have you recently added ram or made other upgrades/changes to your PC? Could be overheating or power issue too. Air conditioner plugged into same circuit as pc?

Also make sure you have d3d9wnd, superfrontendhd,
and these files http://files.steps.club/various/ddraw_fix_w8_up.zip extracted to worms folder. In Wa advanced settings make sure "load workout modules automatically" is selected, and direct3d9_shader is the best graphics renderer but might be worth experimenting if the above all fails
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:36 PM by j0e »

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 03:34 PM »
Might be hardware related. Have you recently added ram or made other upgrades/changes to your PC? Could be overheating or power issue too. Air conditioner plugged into same circuit as pc?

Also make sure you have d3d9wnd, superfrontendhd,
and these files http://files.steps.club/various/ddraw_fix_w8_up.zip extracted to worms folder and make sure "load workout modules automatically" in advanced settings is selected

no  this is no old laptop  have one yeear only problem  with wa nothing more

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 03:41 PM »
StepS is the master at fixing w10 issues.. if none of that helps you should ask him. In theory the 3.8 update will fix all those issues too.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:48 AM by j0e »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Try this:

right click WA.exe/properties/compatibility/check box "disable fullscreen optimizations"

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 02:41 PM »
oki i will try thanks dude cuz  very much bugs in wa on win 10 cant minimize  if i have in menu or wormnet too because crash after black alll and can minimize in game but when back cant sometimes open chat ....

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 03:11 PM »
cant minimize  if i have in menu or wormnet too because crash after black alll
Since it's an issue with minimizing, I gotta ask to check which renderer the game uses (Main Menu -> Options -> Advanced -> Graphics). Usually you want it to be Direct 3D (the lastest is the bestest) and not DirectDraw. Could fiddle with various Advanced options if that doesn't help.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 03:31 PM »
can minimize in game but when back cant sometimes open chat ....

Happens for me too, easiest fix is just to alt+tab (minimize) one more time and chat will work then.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 09:59 AM »
can minimize in game but when back cant sometimes open chat ....

Happens for me too, easiest fix is just to alt+tab (minimize) one more time and chat will work then.

ye sometimes work but sometimes not :)

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 09:45 PM »
Worms Armageddon is broken on Windows 10 (unless you're running the atrocious Steam update that doesn't allow Wormkit), so that's why I stick with 8.1, but Worms Armageddon SHOULD be fixed in 3.8, so keep your eyes peeled.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Worms Armageddon is broken on Windows 10
Bullshit.

the atrocious Steam update that doesn't allow Wormkit
Bullshit, WormKit is built-in, only specific version-dependant modules are affected. Downgrade if it's an issue.

Worms Armageddon SHOULD be fixed in 3.8
... that might very well release together with Half-Life 3.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 04:51 AM »
Worms Armageddon SHOULD be fixed in 3.8
... that might very well release together with Half-Life 3.
Trust me, we'll be at Worms Armageddon 66.6 before Half Life 3 releases!
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!