Forums
April 29, 2024, 09:45 AM

Author Topic: 3.6.31 only WINE - No Wormkits get loaded after installing WormKitDS  (Read 1072 times)

Offline aik

Ahoihoi!

I try to install W:A 3.6.31 (for playing px) via wine. Everthing finaly whent fine until… WormKit doesn't work.

I replaced the dsound.dll with the one provided by Kawoosh (see https://worms2d.info/WormKitDS), but nothing happens at all. No WKs loading…

Any1 got an idea?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:01 PM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline StepS

Re: 3.6.31 - No Wormkits get loaded after installing WormKitDS
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 07:13 PM »
See the Faq. This is wine's fault.
Nevermind, most of that is outdated. Only this matters:
But first you need to make some changes into winecfg to use a "native" dsound.dll instead of "integrated".

Also, if you mean you replaced the dsound.dll residing in system32, DO NOT do that. You will be unable to use DirectSound in any applications if you then try to enable the "native" dll override. Because this dsound.dll actually depends on the system32 dsound.dll. Put it into the game's folder.
Note that this only applies to Wine. On windows there's no need to configure anything.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:17 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline aik

Re: 3.6.31 - No Wormkits get loaded after installing WormKitDS
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:57 PM »
[EDIT2]

Also tried to rename to DSOUND.dll
Code: [Select]
err:module:attach_process_dlls "DSOUND.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\WA\\WA.exe" failed, status c0000142

[EDIT… slower than StepS's Edit…]
I also tried as you described… set to native, place in game folder…
import_dll Library DSOUND.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\WA\\WA.exe") not found
[EDITs END]
Uff… I really missed the wine-FAQ-Point  ???

But no success.

I tried:
just setting dsound.dll to "native" in winecfg and placing WKDS-dll in WA-Folder - starting worms gives me
err:module:import_dll Library DSOUND.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\WA\\WA.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\WA\\WA.exe" failed, status c0000135
copying dsound.dll (WKDS) to system32
err:module:attach_process_dlls "DSOUND.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\WA\\WA.exe" failed, status c0000142
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\dsound.dll gave me
regsvr32: 'DllRegisterServer' not implemented in DLL 'c:\windows\system32\dsound.dll'
once, but now i only get
regsvr32: Failed to load DLL 'c:\windows\system32\dsound.dll'
…like it wouldn't even exist. I also tried an original Windows-XP-DLL in all those ways. Same effect…  :'(
 ;)
Any hint?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:05 PM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>