Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:00 PM

Author Topic: Great Snooper help  (Read 758 times)

Offline TheKaren

Great Snooper help
« on: October 22, 2017, 03:07 PM »
How do I turn off notices to update Great Snooper.

In general, it pisses me off programmers updating their sh*t every day or every week or every month... Especially when my phone updates 4-5 times a day...

I would kill myself if this ever happens to music and people update their song every f**king day, it's basically premature release...

Great Snooper works excellent for me, I don't ever want to upgrade, EVER, no matter what stupid feature is added, it's literally perfect for me right now.

And it seems the later versions ruined hosting for some people? *cough cough SENSEI cough*

So, is there a way to like set it in stone and stop reminding me about f**king update it's the most annoying thing I swear...

Offline XanKriegor

Re: Great Snooper help
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 03:37 PM »
Dont you think to have this feature - disable-able updates, you need to UPDATE snooper first?  :D

Offline Tomi

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Turn off "Load common settings" (first option) in Settings / Network. It will turn off some other features too, but there is no option to disable only the updates. Maybe I can add this feature to a new version, but you won't update so you won't get it anyway.

it pisses me off programmers updating their sh*t every day or every week or every month
Latest update was released more than a year ago lol and it wants to update itself to that version.

their sh*t
shit is what you call music. there are too many hours in this to call it that even if it is shit

Offline WTF-8

The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:09 AM »
Why GS cant turn AFK mode after some time w/o input from user? It would partly solve the problem of 24/7 snoopers, you PM it, it says "im AFK coz idle timeout", you understand and piss off it  ;D

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 07:15 AM »
it pisses me off programmers updating their sh*t every day
Latest update was released more than a year ago lol and it wants to update itself to that version.
I'm busting my ass laughing.. you've clicked "no" in a rage hundreds of times when you only had to click "yes" once :D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 07:27 AM »
Turn off "Load common settings" (first option) in Settings / Network. It will turn off some other features too, but there is no option to disable only the updates. Maybe I can add this feature to a new version, but you won't update so you won't get it anyway.

Lol, that's the kicker isn't it :D

Yeah, of course I keep clicking no because I don't want to update, i've saw several complaints about newer versions and hosting, so I don't want to risk it.

My point is, the version I have right now is perfect for me I don't get any errors there is nothing I feel needs added, it's fantastic! My phone updates once every so often but the last few updates have changed things in a way I don't like, updates aren't always better for everyone, would just be nice to have the option to turn that notification off, and if it ever stops working, then i'll update :)

Sorry if you got the impression I was calling your work sh*t, Great Snooper is excellent, I just don't like notifications about updates i'm used to having the option of turning that off permanently with other programs.