Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:16 AM

Author Topic: Which Graphics setting gives you lag-free gameplay?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Zalo the moler

Which Graphics setting gives you lag-free gameplay?
« on: June 15, 2022, 03:32 PM »
Today I had something like 8 freezes in the period of 30 seconds and I have to say enough is enough. Which graphics setting (in the Game settings) allows you to have the most smooth experience?

Re: Which Graphics setting gives you lag-free gameplay?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 04:02 PM »
This is much more likely to have to do with what your PC is doing in the background than any graphical settings in the game itself, but I'm attaching mine for reference, just in case. If you download a utility like Process Explorer, that can maybe help you clean up some of the bloat your OS is bothering WA with, and also allow you to set your WA.exe process to run on only a single CPU core (something called "process affinity" in Task Manager and Process Explorer). Maybe also try bumping its "process priority" to above normal or high, that feels like it helps me a little bit, sometimes. But you have to remember to do this every time you run the game, sadly.

The caveat regarding my WA settings being, since I use neither v-sync nor assisted v-sync these days, my framerate is completely unlocked and that means that on my 60 Hz monitor, I do see quite a bit of screen tearing when panning the camera around island maps, and a little bit when roping on 1920×696 pixel maps, so even with no camera movement. Some people may perceive this as stuttering, even though it's not really that, but either way, it's the price I'm willing to pay to get the lowest input lag my crappy hardware can muster.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 04:05 PM by KoreanRedDragon »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 12:52 AM »
Zalo, you using Steam worms?
My experience with Steam version was terrible.

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tech-support/whats-wrong-with-steam-version-of-worms-armageddon-34474/
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 03:41 PM »
I have experiance that opened websnoop page doing small screen lags during game.
123  My teams use this, this, and this soundbanks.