Forums
October 18, 2017, 11:06 AM

Author Topic: Creators update messed something up  (Read 635 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: Creators update messed something up
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 08:09 PM »
My win10 also upgraded on that creators update shit..
Just downgraded it and W:A is good again.

"Much like the Matrix series,                 
the only worthwhile installation               
was released in 1999. and the ones         
called Reloaded and Revolutions              
are titles to stay away from."

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 12:44 AM »
Downgrade to Windows 8.1, or switch to Linux/Mac OS. Or just emulate it in VirtualBox, or something. Downgrade to 8.1?
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

Ultra league owner. Still plays here, however. BTW, any bad posts are just me going insane. Sorry about those.

By the way, just to let you know, I might not be a male for much longer. I'll keep my gender for now, but if it needs to happen, I'll have a vote for my transgender future.

Offline StepS

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 06:01 PM »
Hi people, so as it stands right now (based on all the information I've collected from testers, since I can't reproduce the issues on any of my machines -- might be outdated drivers but I'll try it soon), the issue can be solved in one the following ways, other than enabling windowed mode:
  • Enable vsync in-game, but force-disable it in nvidia (roping etc. may feel different)
  • Enable Windows 8 or 7 compatibility in the WA.exe properties.
Not sure about quirks other than black screen.
Also would be nice if someone affected by the issue could try launching the game on the Fall Creators Update (the latest) with the latest Nvidia drivers. Thanks!
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 04:16 AM »
I would suggest to either downgrade to Windows 7, run the game in VM Windows 7, or use the compatiblity with Windows 7 (like StepS said).
Don't nickname me, or you won't like, what happens next!