Forums
May 03, 2024, 02:20 PM

Author Topic: Help  (Read 611 times)

Offline Lemmings Boy

Help
« on: December 13, 2023, 09:50 PM »
Hi everyone

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I will give it a go. 

Worms  Armageddon doesn't seem to allow me to use the full screen,  it keeps going back to windowed mode, I have windows 10 and hear that it does seem to be a problem with windows 10.  Any help appreciated.

Offline Lemmings Boy

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 11:59 PM »
It only seems to work in the windowed mode.  Is there a way to get it working with full screen with this type of resolution, the normal way I used to play worms on.  Ever since I started plating this on the windows 10 it doesn't seem to allow me to full screen the game with the good resolution.   I was looking around the forum but not getting much luck with things, seems to be many different solutions but I don't really understand them.

https://blog.pilif.me/2009/04/15/playing-worms-armageddon-on-a-mac/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 12:03 AM by Lemmings Boy »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 04:57 AM »
Is there a way to get it working with full screen with this type of resolution, the normal way I used to play worms on.

What do you mean "this type of resolution"? What is your resolution? What is yours W:A version?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 07:14 PM »
frontend is stuck at 640x480 unless you get this mod https://worms2d.info/SuperFrontendHD

Offline Lemmings Boy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 11:00 PM »
Thanks Charles, Right will have a look into this one and hopefully fixes it.  I think I needed a nudge in the right direction. :) :)

Sorry for the confusing way of putting it with the picture, yeah I usually get confused with resolutions and stuff. I tend not to remember what the good and Bad resolutions are.  I noticed people are playing worms from an unusual resolution which makes everything look small. (lol)

I might change my username as well as Lemmings Boy makes me sound young.  I might call myself Lemmings Man.

Thanks guys.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 11:23 PM »
Nah, Lemmings Boy doesn't make you sound old!

There is a popular TV show called "The Boys".

Calling someone your boy is also a way of calling them your trusted companion. ;)

Offline Lemmings Boy

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 01:48 PM »
Thanks Komodo

You have convinced me to keep the name.  :) :)  I like the rusted companion description.   I managed to get it working now, I had to play around with the display settings on my computer, it was a confusing problem to say the least.

This seems like a good community of people.