Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:22 PM

Author Topic: HELP ! worms game freezes completely,need force restart pc  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Herbsman

HELP ! worms game freezes completely,need force restart pc
« on: February 25, 2014, 06:12 PM »
so  i am still having this problem when my game freezing competely and i need to force restart my pc,any one else having this problem ? any suggestions it ussually happens when game needs to load something in menu,never in game,nowdays its freezing after i join a host in black screen before loading it or after game finished and score menu should appear but its black screen and NUM PAD LIGHT NOT RESPONDING ,music still playing in background,waiting few mins wont help...

windows 7
core 2 duo cpu
all specs ok to handle worms

3.6.31.0 version of the game + px mod,wormkit
"You can throw your projections, judgments and fears, you can crucify me again and again and again, all done within the play of your own thoughts in your own mind but do know that if you want to try and take my head, you better be willing to lose your own head in the process.
I take no solace in pity for the conditioned identification to an illusory conceptual identity, those reflections who have mistaken themself to be something that they are not.
I know myself as the Absolute Supreme Reality

Offline MeTonaTOR

Re: HELP ! worms game freezes completely,need force restart pc
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 07:03 PM »
For me only happens when i use "Community Server List", but is 3.7.2.1. So no idea :<
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline StepS

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:18 PM »
3.6.31.0 version of the game
sorry but you will need to update the game to resolve the issue.
alternatively you can install the windowed mode ddraw hack which can avoid this since it emulates the directdraw environment in software.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Herbsman

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 02:02 PM »
well but then i wont be able to play px mod ... so i dont need to update to latest this will fix it --- windowed mode ddraw hack  withouth updating ? so it's common issue ? why nobody cant fix it, thnx for help :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:06 PM by Herbsman »
"You can throw your projections, judgments and fears, you can crucify me again and again and again, all done within the play of your own thoughts in your own mind but do know that if you want to try and take my head, you better be willing to lose your own head in the process.
I take no solace in pity for the conditioned identification to an illusory conceptual identity, those reflections who have mistaken themself to be something that they are not.

Offline Herbsman

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 02:10 PM »
btw now graphics looks more ugly ... and not full screen by default need to maximize all the time i start,and i cant click anaything in menu.... so buggy becomes transparent barely can minimize again to turn it off so i guess i'll stay with no fix ....  and maybe there is working kick module for my version of wa.exe ?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:57 PM by Herbsman »

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 01:53 AM »
What do you prefer, an utterly broken installation of WA just because of PX which kind of went off-fashion and is bugged, or a working installation of WA, just without PX?

Offline Herbsman

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00 PM »
i allready made choice,yes i need px tpp,i hope they will update it make it work with latest wa ,so newest version fixes this kind of freezing anyone knows for sure ? cuz windowed mode dit not made me satisfied...

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 11:49 PM »
Actually, it boiled down to "nothing working at all, or just the essentials working?". And you chose the former. Have fun with that.

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 02:58 AM »
PX will most likely never be updated, and any updates that will ever be made in W:A will have nothing to do with PX ever...

you have no options.. you either update to newest version of w:a, and enjoy it...

or you keep your outdated version of w:a, just so u can keep px that no one really even plays anymore... and apparently you dont play either, considering it does not work :P

so.. hf with that. enjoy

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 05:01 AM »
avi, PX is probably the only thing keeping him in W:A. You realize that, right?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Herbsman

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 02:35 PM »
well u are wrong in so many levels, 1.Everthing works fine either with px or non px games the only problem is very rare fatal crash 2.Px is quite popular and many players still play px everyday 3.I have 3 choises between very rare but fatal crashes accuring and i can play all games including px,or....  to not be able to play px have latest version which perhaps fixes thoose very rare fatal crashes... or third i keep both older version with px and in other location isntalled newest version .... ;)

Offline philie

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 05:00 PM »
copy your worms folder to another location.
update 1 version of it.
play px with the other.

Offline Herbsman

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 05:39 PM »
copy your worms folder to another location.
update 1 version of it.
play px with the other.

thnx for nothing mr obvious.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 05:42 PM »
Well, my underlying message was, don't complain about the crashes (by exaggerating them, on top of that) if you chose to get along with them anyway.

Offline philie

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 06:09 PM »
thnx for nothing mr obvious.

true lol