Forums
May 05, 2024, 12:34 AM

Author Topic: I can't enter my replays  (Read 778 times)

Offline asiaman

I can't enter my replays
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:38 AM »
I have a problem with my replays. When i want to see how was the online game that i played in WormNet, it says this:

Version Error: Cannot play game file "D:..... .WAgame"

With my New Edition version i have no problems like that. It doesn't show me ANYTHING and i have to tell you, the New Edition version has a much OLDER version from the original. What's wrong with my original game? By the way, my version of my Armageddon is 3.6.31.0 Beta. Help me, please! :(

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:43 AM by asiaman »
You are dead. Not big suprise.

Offline LeTotalKiller

Re: I can't enter my replays
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:09 AM »
Well, WA tries loading the replay with the EXE stored in the Registry. Therefore if you have 3.6.28.0 saved in your registry (I think that's the version provided in NE), it's that EXE that will try loading the replay, even if you do have a newer version somewhere on your HDD.

To change your associations to 3.6.31.0: run it, go to the Options > Advanced Options menu, enable "Auto-register associations", save changes and quit the game. Relaunch it with Admin rights and you should be set; you'd then be better off restarting the game once more and without Admin rights, as they're known to cause problems. I'd recommend you to update to 3.7.2.1 and follow those steps on that version instead though, unless you have a valid reason not to use 3.7.2.1. Among other things, you'll be able to watch 3.7.x.x TUS replays just fine with it.

Offline asiaman

Re: I can't enter my replays
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:44 AM »
I tried everything that LeTotalKiller told me and it worked! Now i can upload and enter my replays with no problem! Thanks man! You are my hero!

/locked
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:14 PM by asiaman »
You are dead. Not big suprise.