Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:17 PM

Author Topic: mapped Win-Key to Enter - still opens Startmenu (wkRemapKeys)  (Read 917 times)

Offline aik

Ahoi!

I like to use the left windows-key as enter – so I maped it with wkRemapKeys
Code: [Select]
Enter = LeftWin, EnterWhen I press it in order to fire a weapon from rope, the weapon gets fired – but ~0.3 sec later the game gets minimized and startmenu opens.

For now I maped the key via change of scancode map, but would be glad for solution with wkRemapKeys, as I don't whant to use the left win-key as enter all the time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:15 PM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline StepS

Re: mapped Win-Key to Enter - still opens Startmenu (wkRemapKeys)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 07:52 PM »
wkRemapKeys doesn't perform low-level keyboard hooks, i.e. it doesn't take precedence before the key presses that are intercepted by the system such as the Windows key. In fact, it doesn't hook keyboard input at all; it simply redirects the game's code to say that different keys were pressed in some occasions. The system is still aware of the original key. Therefore that key has to be either hard-remapped like you said, or disabled in the system. Also note that key combinations such as Ctrl+Alt+Delete can not be blocked by any program, no matter how low-level the hook is.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:54 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline aik

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 09:38 PM »
So no solution possible with wkRemapKeys.

Hope my scancode map change isn't considered cheating (as l-win acts exactly like enter)?
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 10:12 PM »
[insert drumstick's signature]

xD