Forums
May 05, 2024, 03:01 PM

Author Topic: How to run W:A on Windows 8?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: How to run W:A on Windows 8?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 11:07 PM »
Finally, but I moved to windows 7 yesterday... Anyways, that's good to remove some bugs.
StepS call Kawoosh to update wkKawooshkick.dll , wkLocalizer.dll and rubber now.  :D

wkLocalizer is no longer needed. They're called readme's for a reason

edit: Teh first thing Ive noticed, is that W:A menu is loading extremely fast, especially when I click to go to map editor and teams. VGJ t17.

Team17 did nothing. Give credit to Deadcode and Cybershadow
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 12:03 AM »
I'm confused, who's Team17 guys then?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 06:00 AM »
just some newbs who cant rope

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 10:37 AM »
I'm confused, who's Team17 guys then?

Team17 are the ones who made WA. They had secure login servers with ranks and all. They got hacked. Team17 lied to us for years telling us they were bringing the secure wormnet servers back. That never happened.
Team17 then released WWP at a full boxed price. Claimed they built WWP from scratch. WWP was proven to be WA, with a couple extra options, or one extra option, and lower roping frame rate.
Deadcode appeared in the scene. He was a wormer pretty much like you and me (not half as good as me, probably better than you, at least, in T17, ironic, I know). Deadcode gained a reputation by backwards engineering Worms. Team17 allowed him to work on the beta updates. Allowed him as in, let him, not paid him. Cybershadow appeared a bit later and was allowed to join forces with DC. For long periods of time, CS took most of the work load. Since then they're "working" together to release these updates, they do this as a hobby.

Team17 doesn't give two flying f@#!s about WA, but since we're lucky enough to have DC and CS amongst us they at least allow them to do this.

TL;DR

team17 sucks, dc and cs rule
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Nice story o0
Thanks for sharing.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓